Ibori when he was sentenced to imprisonment
A former Governor of Delta State, Chief James Onanefe Ibori, has clocked another year on earth.
Ibori who was born in 1958 today marks his 60th birthday.
Below are ten things you need to know about him…
- Born on Monday, August 4th 1958
He is an Urhobo man born in Mosogar, in Ethiope West Local Government Area of Delta State
His parents were Mr and Mrs Ukavbe Ibori
He was a two-term governor of Delta State between 1999 and 2007
He had his first degree in Economics and Statistics from the great University of Benin in 1982.
He started his political career in 1991 at the age of 33
7. He was sent to thirteen years imprisonment in 2003 by the British government for a stealing money belonging to the Nigerian government.
8. He regained freedom in 2016 after the completion of his jail term
9. He was welcomed back into the country amidst celebration by his people
- He was nicknamed “Apamaku” by Chief Bola Ahmed Tinubu, meaning someone who has been killed several times but refused to die.
Support NIGERIA NEWS' journalism of integrity and credibility
Great contents and like this one costs us alots. Yet only great contents that can separate us from others and can ensure the possibility of a good society, an accountable democracy, and a transparent government.
For continued free access to one of the best investigative great conttent in the country we ask you to consider making a modest donation to this great arts of journalistm.
By contributing to NIGERIA NEWS, You are helping everyone and us to make sure this is available to all.