Two men, Uche Nwakaeze and Uchejigbo Ifechukwu on Friday, appeared before an Ota Magistrates’ Court in Ogun for allegedly breaching the peace at Sanyo-Ota, Ogun.
The accused, Nwakaeze, 28 and Ifechukwu, 29; whose addresses were not given, are facing a three-count charge of conspiracy, breach of peace and unlawfully belonging to a secret cult.
The Police Prosecutor, Sgt. Abdulkareem Mustapha, told the court that the accused committed the offences with some others still at large, on Aug. 20 at about 7.30 a.m. at Sango-Ota motor park.
He said that the accused breached the peace when they stormed the motor park with dangerous weapons.
Mustapha alleged that the accused belonged to a secret cult called “Aiye Confratenity”.
The offences contravened Sections 5, 249(D) and 516 of the Criminal Law of Ogun, 2006.
The accused, however, pleaded not guilty to the charge.
In his ruling, the Chief Magistrate, Mr Mathew Akinyemi, granted the accused bail in the sum of N200,000 each with two sureties each in like sum.
Akinyemi said the sureties should reside within the court’s jurisdiction and be gainfully employed.
In addition, the sureties should show evidence of tax payments to the Ogun Government.
The case was adjourned until Sept. 27 for mention.
More in Local News
Recent Nigeria News
- NDE Reveals That Over 200,000 Unemployed Youths Will Benefit From Training Programmes November 15, 2018
- Khashoggi’s Murder: More Saudi Top Officials Sanctioned November 15, 2018
- Professor Abednego Ekoko Urges Stakeholders To Halt Exam Malpratice November 15, 2018
- Fastest Train In Africa Launches In Morocco November 15, 2018
- Donald Trump Lays Accusation On Mueller’s Team Of Threatening People November 15, 2018
- Federal Government Set To Establish People Money & Entrepreneurship Banks November 15, 2018
- We Would Stop Masking Of Calls By Service Providers – NCC November 15, 2018
- German Chancellor Says No Deal Is Worst As in Case Of Brexit November 15, 2018
- Abia Speaker Encourages Motorists To Be More Careful November 15, 2018