Two men, Uche Nwakaeze and Uchejigbo Ifechukwu on Friday, appeared before an Ota Magistrates’ Court in Ogun for allegedly breaching the peace at Sanyo-Ota, Ogun.
The accused, Nwakaeze, 28 and Ifechukwu, 29; whose addresses were not given, are facing a three-count charge of conspiracy, breach of peace and unlawfully belonging to a secret cult.
The Police Prosecutor, Sgt. Abdulkareem Mustapha, told the court that the accused committed the offences with some others still at large, on Aug. 20 at about 7.30 a.m. at Sango-Ota motor park.
He said that the accused breached the peace when they stormed the motor park with dangerous weapons.
Mustapha alleged that the accused belonged to a secret cult called “Aiye Confratenity”.
The offences contravened Sections 5, 249(D) and 516 of the Criminal Law of Ogun, 2006.
The accused, however, pleaded not guilty to the charge.
In his ruling, the Chief Magistrate, Mr Mathew Akinyemi, granted the accused bail in the sum of N200,000 each with two sureties each in like sum.
Akinyemi said the sureties should reside within the court’s jurisdiction and be gainfully employed.
In addition, the sureties should show evidence of tax payments to the Ogun Government.
The case was adjourned until Sept. 27 for mention.
More in Local News
Recent Nigeria News
- Joseph Areola Afuape Declared Osun State Election 2018 Inconclusive September 23, 2018
- Who Won Osun State Election 2018? September 23, 2018
- Breaking News: Ras Kimono’s Wife, Efe Confirms Dead September 23, 2018
- Ndume Says Saraki Has No Justification To Remain Senate President September 23, 2018
- Boko Haram: Ndume Hails Military, Charges Concentration On 3 Black Spots September 23, 2018
- There Is No Faction In APC State Chapters Says Ndume September 23, 2018
- Stakeholders Need More Attention To Cashew Production To Optimise Potential September 23, 2018
- Skye Bank: Expert Implores CBN To Strictly Enforce Financial Guidelines On Banks September 23, 2018
- Lalong’s SSG, Commissioner Quit To Contest 2019 Elections September 23, 2018