The Senate President, Dr Bukola Saraki, on Friday in Umuahia, urged Nigerians to make informed decisions during the election season, to ensure that Nigeria is put in the right direction.
Saraki spoke when he paid Gov. Okezie Ikpeazu of Abia a visit to seek the support of People’s Democratic Party (PDP) stalwarts in the state towards his political aspiration.
He said that decisions on whom to vote for ought to be based on merit.
“We are in a time when we owe it to ourselves and the future generations that we do the right thing.
“Let us elect a leader that has the capacity, knows issues and knows how to make Nigeria better.
“A president that represents all Nigeria; in whom everybody will feel a sense of belonging, because today, we know the country is very divided,” Saraki said.
He said that Nigeria required a youthful leader with capacity and vision, who would be able to harness the potential of the nation and attract socioeconomic development.
Responding, Gov. Okezie Ikpeazu of Abia said that the nation’s fledgeling democracy required one who had experience on all flanks in the business of governance.
“We will queue behind Nigeria to ensure that all of us will grow together; Abia is not going to be left behind in any way.
“We share in your aspirations and pray that we will get to the point where we would be among the comity of respectable nations in the world,” he said.
More in Politics
Recent Nigeria News
- Livescore Of Today Match: Barcelona vs Girona September 23, 2018
- NNPC Implores NUPENG, PENGASSAN To Halt Planned Strike Action September 23, 2018
- Joseph Areola Afuape Declared Osun State Election 2018 Inconclusive September 23, 2018
- Who Won Osun State Election 2018? September 23, 2018
- Breaking News: Ras Kimono’s Wife, Efe Confirms Dead September 23, 2018
- Ndume Says Saraki Has No Justification To Remain Senate President September 23, 2018
- Boko Haram: Ndume Hails Military, Charges Concentration On 3 Black Spots September 23, 2018
- There Is No Faction In APC State Chapters Says Ndume September 23, 2018
- Stakeholders Need More Attention To Cashew Production To Optimise Potential September 23, 2018