A 35-year-old man, Olaitan Adekunbi, who allegedly defrauded an apartment seeker of N100,000, on Monday appeared before a Tinubu Magistrates’ Court, Lagos.
Adekunbi, who is facing a two-count charge of fraud and stealing, however, pleaded not guilty.
The prosecutor, ASP Fidelis Dike, told the court that the accused committed the offences on March 12, at 10:00a.m., at Aro Bamigbose Street, Lekki, Lagos.
Dike said the accused unlawfully obtained the N100,000 from the complainant, Yusuf Ajetomobi, with the pretext of helping him to get a room apartment, which he did not.
“He said the accused collected the money and absconded to an unknown destination. He could not be reached on his cell phone.
“The complainant, who was tipped of the accused’s whereabouts, later traced him there and got him arrested,” the prosecutor said.
Dike said the offences contravened Sections 287 and 314 of the Criminal Law of Lagos State, 2015.
NIGERIA NEWS reports that Section 287 prescribes three years imprisonment while Section 314 stipulates 15 years imprisonment for offenders.
The Magistrate, Mr Omolaja Kazeem, granted the accused bail in the sum of N50,000 with two sureties in like sum, and adjourned the case until Sept. 26.
More in Local News
Marauders Attack Customs Checkpoint, Reportedly Kidnap 2 Officers In Zamafara
Emerging report claimed that suspected armed bandits have kidnapped two officers of the Nigeria Customs Service...
Osun Election: Ex-State Leader, Catholic Bishop, Others In Crucial Meeting With INEC
Emerging report claimed that the peace committee chaired by former head of state, Abdulsalami Abubakar, reportedly...
Recent Nigeria News
- Will DSTV Show The Carabao Cup This Season 2018 September 25, 2018
- Marauders Attack Customs Checkpoint, Reportedly Kidnap 2 Officers In Zamafara September 25, 2018
- Yuguda Dumps GPN For APC September 25, 2018
- Breaking: Madumere’s Impeachment Is Invalid And Illegal – Court Declares September 25, 2018
- SDP Reveals How Flag Bearers Will Be Chosen Ahead Of 2019 Elections September 25, 2018
- Osun Election: Ex-State Leader, Catholic Bishop, Others In Crucial Meeting With INEC September 25, 2018
- PDP Chieftain Urges INEC To Declare Adeleke As Winner Of Osun Election September 25, 2018
- Ortom Laments As FG Withdraws Paris Fund From Benue September 25, 2018
- Receptionist Lands In jail For Stealing Handsets September 25, 2018