Cancer is recognized worldwide to be a major health problem affecting millions of people each year and as the world celebrates World Cancer Day as a reminder to winning the fight against it, here are 5 cancer-fighting fruits you should take every day.
The American Cancer Society recommends a diet packed with fresh fruits and vegetables to help reduce your risk of cancer. Reports have also proved that many cancer survivors have been fortunate enough to use a combination of natural cancer treatments in conjunction with conventional medical treatments
- Sour-Sop: This is one of nature’s most reliable cancer-fighting fruit you should eat every day. Research has shown that this nature-blessed fruit is 10,00 times strong killer of cancer cells than chemotherapy. The sour-soup is also praised for being able to selectively target cancer cells without harming healthy cells. It is also especially effective in fighting colon cancer, breast cancer, lung cancer, liver cancer and pancreas cancer. It can be taken as a fruit as well as be extracted as a juice. It can also be used in combination with honey or lime to boost its medicinal properties.
- Green Vegetables: They are exceptionally rich in vitamins, minerals, antioxidants and enzymes, yet very low in calories, fats, sodium, and other toxins. According to Dr. Axe, a nutrition expert, adding a handful of leafy greens to your lunch and dinner increase your nutrient intake. He also advised that obtaining them as a juice for a near perfect health. Vegetable juices are very easy to digest and make yourself at home. The Gerson diet meal plan even advises cancer patients to drink 13 glasses of freshly prepared juice daily.
- Eggplants: The skin or peel of the eggplant has also been found to be full of antioxidants that can help prevent cancer. Make sure that you have the skin of the eggplant as a part of the recipe that you are making. There are many more health benefits of the white eggplant, which include, reduced risk of heart disease, anemia and many more. Eggplants were also tested and found to have antiproliferative activities against human colon and liver cancer cells. In another study, eggplant extract was found to have an inhibitory effect on human fibrosarcoma (soft tissue-related) cell invasion.
- Tomatoes: Another one of the cancer-fighting fruits is Tomato which is reputed to contain lycopene, the antioxidant phytochemical that also helps prevent heart disease, but they’re a good source of vitamins A, C, and E — all enemies of cancer-friendly free radicals.
- Avocados: This is another great fruit that is rich in many potent anti-oxidants, phytochemicals, vitamins, among other benefits and has been linked to possessing anti-cancer abilities. The primary fat found in avocado, oleic acid, has been shown to offer significant protection against breast cancer. Avocado seeds, according to studies, contain flavonol which is said to be a powerful antioxidant that helps to prevent and reduce tumor growth.
- Citrus Fruits: Emerging research shows that a natural citrus fruit extract can block the action of galectin-3, a protein that at excessive levels can support the growth of cancer and the onset of heart and kidney disease. Citrus fruits are also said to contain high levels of flavanoids, which inhibits the growth and spread of tumors. Studies also state that some varieties of citrus fruits, particularly tangerines and oranges, have antiangiogenic and anti-tumor activity, that may help lower the risk of certain cancers among people who consume citrus fruits daily.
Note that all these cancer-fighting fruits were sourced from the internet and should not be taken without a doctor’s advice especially cancer patients. Seek clarification before embarking on its usage.