2017 was a spectacular year with hits and mad ass awards raving here and there. We saw the impact of Wizkid and Davido on the international scene, and how they pocketed awards and accolades of prestige for themselves. Well, it would not be wrong to say that Nigerian musicians and performers are making it anywhere and everywhere.
NIGERIA NEWS from NIGERIAN NEWSPAPERS free BREAKING News subscription
The 2017 twitter shades were also busting. The beef between Davido and Wizkid was a blast. We however saw how the two ‘beefers’ performed together at each other’s concert, and how Davido reunited the Mohits crew at the 30 billion concert.
All these places high hopes and expectations on the artistes from the fans. On that note, I collated a list of seven artistes fans should be on look out for. These artistes made us proud in 2017, and we expect more of them in 2018.
1. Mayorkun: Haven surpassed our imaginations with his speed of growth in the industry, it would not be surprising to be on a look out for more from his stables. The DMW star had proofed that Davido is really putting in great work in making him a superstar. If Mayorkun is not capable of gingering the raves and blasts on every radio station and music channel, I wonder who would. The talented lad spooned his fan with the hit song ‘prayer’ where he and Davido blew minds out. He did not just rest at that, He bursted brains with ‘Mama’. I trust he would be an ecstasy in 2018.
2. Adekunle Gold: Ade is a talented chap. He just has this unique style that turns people crazy immediately his songs are put on play. The Orente crooner made remarkable hit songs in 2017 including ‘Friend Zone’ and a host of others. He also thrilled us with ‘Call on Me’. Just recently he released a busting sensation titled ‘Ire’ and it is a sure banker that the dude would be creating waves this 2018. You don’t believe me, be swift to download ‘Ire’ and tell me something.
3. Runtown: Baba Gallardo’s fast growth in the industry is a true proof of his talent. After thrilling the fans with ‘For life’ and ‘Alhaji can’t hear you’, he still went on to release the banger produced by Maleek Berry ‘Talk for me’. It is not surprising that he made the list. His fans have great expectations. Lets just sit back and watch him perform his magic this 2018.
4. Davido: I know many have expected that Davido would be the top of the list, and they are not alone with that thought. Davido is a living sensation. With ‘If’ and ‘Fall’ amidst other hits, Davido would be grooving and painting 2018 black with jaw dropping hits. Great expectations are in for the 30 billion gang leader, including great shows and performance around the world.
5. Wizkid: After making dangerous impact on the international scene, it seems the Starboy is indeed worldwide. With great features from the likes of Tinie Tempah, and Drake, Wizkid has given fans huge reason to expect more greatness in 2018. The 30 billion performance he made alongside Davido was splendour to begin with. If 2017 was great with Wizkid, certainly 2018 would be greater. Just watch out.
6. Maleek Berry: After dazing his fans with his album ‘The last daze of summer’, the producer cum singer is surely grabbing the industry by the horn. Maleek Berry’s tour was a blast after his album broke Nigerian music charts. 2017 was blissful with Maleek Berry, 2018 is surely going to be blessings.
7. Small Doctor: Small Doctor is another artiste that have changed the dimension of the industry. Penalty is arguably one of the biggest raves of 2017 with its touch of street and comic mix. Certainly, Small Doctor’s penalty is scoring a goal, and way far from landing in throwing (if you know, you know). We are all expectant of wonders he would perform in 2018.
The Nigerian Music dominates the music industry in Africa, and with the exponential growth lately, our deserving artiste may take their place in the world. 2017 was lit, but 2018 will be liter.