Acting President, Prof. Yemi Osinbajo, said the blockade of the National Assembly today by operatives of the Department of State Services was unauthorised and condemned it as a gross violation of the constitutional order, rule of law and all accepted notions of law and order.
He said that the unlawful act which was done without the knowledge of the Presidency was condemnable and completely unacceptable.
A statement by Laolu Akande, Senior Special Assistant to the President on Media and Publicity on Tuesday in Abuja, said Osinbajo assured Nigerians that anybody involved in the act would be punished.
“All persons within the law enforcement apparatus who participated in this travesty will be identified and subjected to appropriate disciplinary action,’’ the statement said.
The acting president had earlier sacked the Director-General of the Department of State Services, Lawal Daura over the incident.
He has also been asked to hand over to the most senior person in the secret service.
Daura was appointed to head the agency on 2 July following the sacking of Ita Ekpeyong by President Muhammadu Buhari.
Sixty-four-year-old Daura had worked in the agency in the past and had retired.
Support NIGERIA NEWS' journalism of integrity and credibility
Great contents and like this one costs us alots. Yet only great contents that can separate us from others and can ensure the possibility of a good society, an accountable democracy, and a transparent government.
For continued free access to one of the best investigative great conttent in the country we ask you to consider making a modest donation to this great arts of journalistm.
By contributing to NIGERIA NEWS, You are helping everyone and us to make sure this is available to all.