Breaking: 2019: Saraki Appoints Ex-Goodluck's Aide As His Chairman Media Campaign | Nigeria News
Connect with us

BREAKING

Breaking: 2019: Saraki Appoints Ex-Goodluck’s Aide As His Chairman Media Campaign

Published

on

Breaking: 2019: Saraki Appoints Ex-Goodluck's Aide As His Chairman Media Campaign

Bukola Saraki, the president of the Nigerian Senate and presidential aspirant under the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) has appointed Doyin Okupe, a former aide of former president Goodluck Jonathan, as chairman of the media council for his campaign organisation ahead of 2019 general elections.

NIGERIA NEWS gathered that Mohammed Wakil, the director general of the Saraki Presidential Campaign Organisation officially announced Okupe’s appointment.

Okupe had worked with two former Nigerian presidents, Chief Olusegun Obasanjo and Dr. Goodluck Jonathan.

READ ALSO: Senator expresses confidence PDP will defeat APC come 2019 elections

According to him, Okupe will “work with other top professionals in the team to effectively communicate the campaign messages of Dr. Saraki to the people of Nigeria and the international community.

“Okupe, a medical doctor and politician, had served as the National Publicity Secretary of the defunct National Republican Convention (NRC) in the aborted Third Republic, Director of Communications of the Presidential campaigns of two former presidents, Olusegun Obasanjo and Goodluck Jonathan and later served as senior special assistant on Media and Public Affairs to both Presidents.”

Okupe, however, resigned his membership of the PDP last year, explaining that it is clear that the opposition party would not bear fruits in the future.

READ ALSO: El-Rufai says he does not have N20m to purchase APC nomination form, except he puts up his house for sale

On his part, Okupe said: “It is with deep regret that I publicly announce my resignation from the People’s Democratic Party. It has to be public because the PDP no longer exists in my ward as a single unified party it was when I joined it.

“It is no longer news that the PDP has been embroiled in a fratricidal internal crisis brought upon it by itself.

“Its current direction is difficult to discern and I am convinced that even when the much expected judgement from the Supreme Court is given, the future of the party is not likely to be significantly affected whichever way the judgement goes.”

In an earlier report, NIGERIA NEWS had reported that former vice president Atiku and Senate President Bukola Saraki exchanged words over PDP presidential ticket.

Please share this info from NIGERIA NEWS, it is VERY important for all
  • 1
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
    1
    Share
  • 1
    Share

A content writer, reporter, editor who has a penchant for creative writing and ready to explore as well as push beyond the limits he has set for himself. Reach me at [email protected]

BREAKING

President Muhammadu Buhari Offers A Condolence To The Jigawa State Governor

Published

on

President Muhammadu Buhari Offers A Condolence To The Jigawa State Governor

The President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, Muhammadu Buhari Offers Condolences to the Jigawa state Governor, Abubakar Badaru due to the death of his mother in law Hajiya Binta Garba Tasha Funtua, NIGERIA NEWS reports.

Mr. President offered the condolences via his spokesperson, Garba Shehu on Sunday.

Presidential condolence message hereby goes, “I am profoundly touched by the passing of your mother-in-law, Hajiya Binta Garba Funtua and I join your entire family in mourning the inspiring mother.

“Your Excellency, words cannot express my grief over the demise of this great woman. My thoughts and prayers go out to you and all members of your family at this difficult time.

“While extending my condolences for this irreparable loss, I pray to Almighty God to comfort you and members of your family. May Allah forgive her shortcomings and reward her good deeds with aljanna. Amin thumma Amin.’’

Please share this info from NIGERIA NEWS, it is VERY important for all
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Continue Reading

BREAKING

Umar Ganduje Has Taken An Aggressive Move On The Alleged Missing N6.8M At The Zoo (Full Details)

Published

on

Umar Ganduje Has Taken An Aggressive Move On The Alleged Missing N6.8M At The Zoo (Full Details)

The Kano state Governor, Abdullahi Umar Ganduje has taken a step on the alleged Gorilla that swallows the sum of 6.8 million naira at the Zoo, NIGERIA NEWS reports.

The incident which happened during the Eid-Fitr celebration and this has made the Governor of the state, Umar Ganduje to reacts in giving an order to get to the root of the matter.

According to the report gathered from the Managing Director of the Zoo, Umar Kobo, he narrated the ordeals by stating that:

“The issue is under investigations for now and I don’t want to say anything on the matter, many journalists have come to meet me but I don’t want to talk anything.

“What I can confirm is that money is missing.”

The Police representative in Kano, Abdullahi Haruna reveal the reports which state that 10 people that were on duty when the incident occurred have been apprehended and the investigation into the root of the matter is currently ongoing.

Mr. Haruna states as quoted below:

“Yes, it is true that money from five days of Sallah festivities is missing from the Kano zoo

“As at now, we have arrested 10 members of staff of the zoo including the security man and those working in the finance unit.”

The NIGERIA NEWS earlier reports that Ganduje has instructed the Anti-corruption commission to probe anyone involved in the incident. The order was reported by the Chief Press Secretary to the Governor, Abba Anwar.

Please share this info from NIGERIA NEWS, it is VERY important for all
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Continue Reading
Advertisement

contact us

email for nigerianews

NigeriaNews_net

Advertisement

Trending