Reports reaching NIGERIA NEWS reveal that the Governor of Imo State has just sacked some of his Government officials.
The officials which include his Chief of Staff and Son-in-law, Uche Nwosu were sacked because of their interest in the 2019 elections.
This was made known by his Chief Press Secretary, Sam Onwuemeodo.
The affected appointees are:
- Sir George Eche – Secretary to the Government of Imo State
- Chief Uche Nwosu – Chief of Staff, Government House
- Dr. Paschal Chigozie Obi – Principal Secretary to the Governor
- Hon. Kingsley Uju – Deputy Chief of Staff (Operations)
5.Chief Emma Ojinero – Commissioner for Trade & Investment/Commerce
- Prof. Nnamdi Obiareri – Commissioner for Information
- Barr. (Mrs) Ngozi Njoku – Commissioner for Gender/Social Development
- Lady Joy Mbawuike – Commissioner for Market Development
- Hon. Obinna Mbata – Commissioner for Finance
- Dr. Dan Nworie – Commissioner for Tertiary Education
11.Hon. Simeon Iwunze – Special Adviser on Urban Renewal
- Barr. Obinna Amagwula – Special Assistant General Duties
- Pst. (Mrs) Betty Uzoma- Special Assistant Finance.