Connect with us

Nigeria News Today & Nigeria Breaking NewsPaper Today |

Shocking : Breast Cancer Survivor Dies Celebrating Successful Treatment


Shocking : Breast Cancer Survivor Dies Celebrating Successful Treatment



A breast cancer survivor is said to have died of excess intake of alcohol during the celebration of successful cancer treatment. Valerie Jones, 54 years old, a mother and a professional therapist was rushed to Greek Island of Santorini after she slumped.

Valerie’s husband  revealed that she was “diagnosed with breast cancer in March 2016 and as part of her treatment she underwent radiotherapy and surgery at Poole hospital.”After this, we decided to take in a holiday to Santorini in September 2016 to help her in her recovery”.

The husband of the deceased, Mr Jones, revealed that he and his wife had drunk wine as normal people would drink and celebrate during a holiday trip, He said “She did drink, as many of us do, and had a level of tolerance to alcohol”.

After a nightcap, she proceeded to a wedding ceremony in a hotel with her husband Mr Jones, who is a  director of a chartered surveyors in Yeovil, Somerset. Mr Jones said he left his wife behind in the party in order for her to mingle well with her new found friends.

About 2 am Mr Jones, got a call that his wife had slumped in the toilet and has been rushed to Santorini General Hospital, where she was pronounced dead on arrival.

Bournemouth Coroner’s Court was informed that the deceased was about four-and-a-half times the drink-drive limit, which surpasses the accepted UK  80mg alcohol per 100ml of blood.

It was disclosed by a professional Pathologist, Dr Kudair Hussein in an inquest that such amount of alcohol toxicity can lead to sudden death. In his words  ‘When blood alcohol levels go above 350mg per 100ml, it is not unknown that people can die suddenly. ‘My report showed Mrs Jones had 358mg of alcohol per 100ml of blood. On the balance of probability, you can conclude this was the cause of her death”.

After a thorough investigation, Dorset coroner Rachael Griffin pronounced that the demise of  Mrs Jones’s was caused by excess intake of alcohol toxicity.

Kindly Share To Your Friends On Social Media & Whatsapp
Continue Reading
You may also like...

The Advent of media technology and the likes have contributed to the shrinking of the world thereby making it a global village. Information now travels across the globe within a twinkle of an eye, however, such information demands verification from reliable sources before they are being properly disseminated. This is why I have chosen a career in the media world. A reporter, creative content writer, researcher, editor and media analyst. I can be reached at Olasupo [email protected]

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

More in Metro

To Top