Operatives of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission have been prevented from arresting Ekpenyong Ita the Ex-DG Of the Department of State Services.
The EFCC operatives arrived the home of the ex-DSS boss with an arrest warrant but were prevented by heavily armed men from the DSS some of whom were masked.
Operatives from the anti-graft agency alongside the Police numbering over 50 were prevented from entering 46 Mamman Nasir Street, Asokoro the residence of the ex-DSS boss on their arrival at about 11 am.
The drama is still ongoing as DSS officials claim to be acting on “orders from above”.
Ekpenyong Ita has been under investigation for alleged disbursement of funds meant for arms.
Sambo Dasuki is currently under investigation for this same fund and has been arraigned alongside other chiefs but the DSS has refused to release its own officials for probe.
Reports also have it that the EFCC and The DSS have been at loggerheads for a while now, “which culminated in the DSS sending a report to the Senate not to confirm the acting Chairman of the EFCC, Mr. Ibrahim Magu.”
Recent Nigeria News
- Wife Asks For Dissolution Of Marriage From Court October 16, 2018
- Hoodlums Attacks Girl In Balogun Market For Indecent Dressing October 16, 2018
- Taking Drugs Without Prescription Can Damage The Kidney- Medical Doctor October 16, 2018
- 32-Year-Old Man Faces Trial For Stealing Plasma TV October 16, 2018
- Police Warns Against Thuggery Ahead Of Elections October 16, 2018
- Zika Virus Hits More Than 70 People In India October 16, 2018
- 23-Year-Old Man Faces Trial For Stealing Mobile Phones October 16, 2018
- 27-Year-Old Land In Court For Alleged Motorcycle Theft October 16, 2018
- Google Speaks On Withdrawing It’s Commitment From Saudi Arabia October 16, 2018