Operatives of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission have been prevented from arresting Ekpenyong Ita the Ex-DG Of the Department of State Services.
The EFCC operatives arrived the home of the ex-DSS boss with an arrest warrant but were prevented by heavily armed men from the DSS some of whom were masked.
Operatives from the anti-graft agency alongside the Police numbering over 50 were prevented from entering 46 Mamman Nasir Street, Asokoro the residence of the ex-DSS boss on their arrival at about 11 am.
The drama is still ongoing as DSS officials claim to be acting on “orders from above”.
Ekpenyong Ita has been under investigation for alleged disbursement of funds meant for arms.
Sambo Dasuki is currently under investigation for this same fund and has been arraigned alongside other chiefs but the DSS has refused to release its own officials for probe.
Reports also have it that the EFCC and The DSS have been at loggerheads for a while now, “which culminated in the DSS sending a report to the Senate not to confirm the acting Chairman of the EFCC, Mr. Ibrahim Magu.”
Recent Nigeria News
- Latest Nigeria News Today Thursday, 24th May 2018 May 24, 2018
- $16bn Power Projects: Fayose Ridicules Buhari, Obasanjo Over Disagreement May 24, 2018
- $16bn Power Projects: Obasanjo, Jonathan Should Be Probed – SERAP May 24, 2018
- 11-year Old Pupil Collapses After Consuming Energy Drink With Tramadol May 24, 2018
- Police Arrests Man For Allegedly Murdering Wife May 24, 2018
- Offa Robbery: Community Dissociates Itself From Arrested Gang Leader May 23, 2018
- Diezani Loot: Rivers SSG, Politician Appear In Court Over Money Laundering May 23, 2018
- Iniesta Leaves Barca For Japan May 23, 2018
- BREAKING: Bauchi State Deputy Governor, Nuhu Gidado, Resigns May 23, 2018