Operatives of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission have been prevented from arresting Ekpenyong Ita the Ex-DG Of the Department of State Services.
The EFCC operatives arrived the home of the ex-DSS boss with an arrest warrant but were prevented by heavily armed men from the DSS some of whom were masked.
Operatives from the anti-graft agency alongside the Police numbering over 50 were prevented from entering 46 Mamman Nasir Street, Asokoro the residence of the ex-DSS boss on their arrival at about 11 am.
The drama is still ongoing as DSS officials claim to be acting on “orders from above”.
Ekpenyong Ita has been under investigation for alleged disbursement of funds meant for arms.
Sambo Dasuki is currently under investigation for this same fund and has been arraigned alongside other chiefs but the DSS has refused to release its own officials for probe.
Reports also have it that the EFCC and The DSS have been at loggerheads for a while now, “which culminated in the DSS sending a report to the Senate not to confirm the acting Chairman of the EFCC, Mr. Ibrahim Magu.”
Lawmaker Of The Second Republic Backs Bid For Saraki’s Resignation As Senate President
Reports reaching NIGERIA NEWS reveal that one of the lawmaker of the Second Republic, Junaid Mohammed,...
Recent Nigeria News
- Lawmaker Of The Second Republic Backs Bid For Saraki’s Resignation As Senate President August 15, 2018
- Police Speaks On The Arrest Of Ogundipe August 15, 2018
- Convict Applies For Master’s Programme In NOUN August 15, 2018
- Lamido Reveals ‘Major’ Reason Senator Akpabio Joined APC August 15, 2018
- Kaduna Deputy Speaker Resigns Days After He Dumped APC For PDP August 15, 2018
- SDP Gives Okorocha Quit Notice August 15, 2018
- Cholera Outbreak: 28 Died In Kano August 15, 2018
- Sallah: 2 Governors Ready To Pay Early August Salary To Workers August 15, 2018
- SERAP Takes NYSC, Adeosun To Court Over Forged NYSC Certficate Allegation August 15, 2018