El-Zakzaky: The Truth About Lai N3.5 Million Feeds For Detained Sheikh | Nigeria News
Connect with us

Metro

El-Zakzaky: The Truth About Lai N3.5 Million Feeds For Detained Sheikh

Published

on

The Minister of Information and Culture, Lai Mohammed has laid strong claims recently that the Federal Government spends over N3.5 million every month in order to feed Shia Muslim cleric named Ibrahim El-Zakzaky who has been detained for the past 3 years.

Ibrahim El-Zakzaky is the spiritual leader of the Islamic movement in Nigeria known as Shiites and has been in custody for 3 years now for unlawful gathering, criminal conspiracy and culpable homicide. This post however is to drive towards the truth about what Lai Mohammed said about spending N3.5 million on the Shiite spiritual leader.

It remains to be seen if what the minister of information and culture said is true but from what we have gathered so far, it seems to be in that direction. El-Zakzaky was apprehended in Zaria, Kaduna state in the year 2015 and since then he has been in the Federal Government custody for 3 years up until now.

His arrest in 2015 came after soldiers killed over 300 members of the ect and after he was accused of throwing stones at the convoy of the Chief of Army Staff, Lieutanant-General Tukur Buratai, the act which was labeled by the Nigerian Army to be an attempt of assassination. El-Zakzaky  arrest came after his house was invaded by the Nigerian Army.

The Nigerian Army also went as far as arresting and jailing his wife known to be Zeenah  and both of them were in prison without any official court charge before he was charged to court in May 2019.

Lai Mohammed has come out to state that El-Zakzaky is being housed in a place where they take milliona of naria every month in order to feed him. He went as far as stating the amount of money which they used in feeding El-Zakzaky, which is N3.5 Million.

A lot of people have come out to say that the figure which Lai Mohammed stated out is false, some said that the government cannot spend that amount of money on any individual they detain. Many have also come out to say that why have the Federal Government not released him  rather than spending that amount of money every month.

Please share this info from NIGERIA NEWS, it is VERY important for all
  • 5
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
    5
    Shares
  • 5
    Shares

BREAKING

NNPC Shortlists: NNPC Fixed Date For The Computer Based Test

Published

on

NNPC Announces

The NIGERIA NEWS gathered that the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation, NNPC has released the shortlisted list for the NNPC recruitment and following the shortlisting, the date of the computer-based test for the shortlisted candidates is scheduled to be on 1st June 2019.

The NIGERIA NEWS go-ahead to bring to every lucky candidate shortlisted, the notification which was sent on 22nd May 2019 and strictly meant for the successful applicants. It is very crucial and significant to carefully read and comprehend the notification announcement below:

“Following your online application for the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC), you are hereby notified of your success in the first level screening exercise and the scheduling of a computer based test for Saturday 1st June 2019”.

“The time and venue of the test and other required details will be communicated to you on or before 27th of May, 2019”.

“The NNPC further stated that Validation of credentials in line with our advertised criteria will continue throughout the exercise and candidates will be disqualified if found not to meet the criteria”.

“Candidates not qualified will not receive further communication from us regarding computer based test and other activities”.

Moreso, to the physically impaired candidate, Mr. Ndu Ughamadu, the NNPC group General-Manager quotes on Tuesday in Abuja during a briefing with some newsmen that the physically challenged candidates are not excluded or segregated in any way. He therefore says:

“We have a corporate policy here and we do employ many of the physically challenged persons in the corporation. We have one with us here at the corporate affairs division,”

“We have them accommodated also in this ongoing recruitment and also under our Corporate Social Responsibility (CSO) we have helped a lot of the physically challenged especially in the Niger Delta area.’’

The President of the disabled applicants said that there has been a protest to counter the NNPC opinion against the current NNPC recruitment. He then states about the ordeal they’ve been through to make sure the NNPC take action on the Disability Act approved by the president. He quoted that most of the disabled are also degree holders, even to masters level. He states as follows:

“We are here to fight for a minimum of five percent employment opportunity to be given to people living with disability as provided by law,” he said.

“We have written to NNPC several times making them understand that in the ongoing recruitment we were not included.

“This is because in their form there is no provision to indicate the nature of the disabled to be employed.

“Several times we have written to them, no response, sometimes when we come here, we will be embarrassed by the security men. Sometime, they will chase us always, now we have come in our numbers from the 36 states and FCT.’’

Please share this info from NIGERIA NEWS, it is VERY important for all
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Continue Reading

BREAKING

Jones Abiri: How Buhari Led FG, Charges Activist And Journalist On Terrorism

Published

on

Jones Abiri: How Buhari Led FG, Charges Activist And Journalist On Terrorism

The Federal Government of Nigeria under the command of President Mohammadu Buhari apprehend Jones Abiri, who happened to be a Journalist, and he is charged with three offences, namely, terrorism, fraud and economic sabotage. The Journalist was charged on the three counts on Wednesday as reported by his legal advisor, Samuel Ogala, NIGERIA NEWS reports.

NIGERIA NEWS gathered the fact why Mr. Jones was charged with terrorism and it is as a result of the court reports that states that he blackmailed the officials at Agip and Shell through text message to meet his requests, otherwise he would be left with no choice to blow off their oil installations

He was also charged for ordering sets of crooks who called themselves activists to vandalize the Bayelsa state oil pipelines. The period reported for committing the offences is as of date back between the month of June to July of 2016.

Mr Jones Abiri was arrested by the Bayelsa state security service and he spent two years in their custody without charging him to the court of law. Immediately he was released, the charges were then brought against him some months later.

Mr Jones pleaded not guilty of the offences and said that he was only haunted for his journalism work that brings to the limelight the corrupt conducts of oil companies and the intervention of the Federal Government in the Niger Delta region. The media rights advocates have taken his matter up and have requested that all sort of court charges be nullified.

Please share this info from NIGERIA NEWS, it is VERY important for all
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Continue Reading
Advertisement

contact us

email for nigerianews

NigeriaNews_net

Advertisement

Trending