Embattled Emir of Kano responds to query | Nigeria News
Connect with us

Top Stories

Embattled Emir of Kano responds to query

Published

on

The Emir of Kano Muhammad Sanusi II has replied the query issued to him by the Kano State government on Thursday over alleged misappropriation of N3.4billion, collusion of investigation by the Emirate Council.

Sanusi Sanusi Sanusi II’s in a one-page response dated June 7, 2019 with reference number KEC/CF/FIN/1/162, dated June 7, 2019, was signed by the Acting Secretary to the Kano Emirate Council, Alhaji Abba Yusuf and addressed to the Secretary to the State Government (SSG) said he is not responsible for accounting duties as he was neither the accounting officer of the council.

He also pointed out that the Emirate Council had only N1, 89 billion when he was installed as the Emir, and not the N3.4 billion the Kano State anti-graft agency said was siphoned between 2014 and 2017 saying.

He said ‘I am directed to refer to your letter No. SSG/OFF/03/V.I, dated June 6th, 2019 to which was attached a copy of the report of the Kano State Public Complaints and Anti-Corruption Chairman containing some allegations of financial misappropriation of the sum of N3.4 billion by the Kano Emirate Council. You may wish to note that at the time His Highness was appointed Sarkin Kano, the exact amount in the account of the Kano Emirate Council was N1,893,378,923.38 (One Billion Eight Hundred and Ninety Three Million, Three Hundred and Seventy Eight Thousand, Nine Hundred and Twenty Seven Naira, Thirty Eight Kobo Only).


Read Also:
Emir Sanusi, Ganduje finally reconcile

‘It is also important to note that His Highness, Sarkin Kano is not the Accounting Officer of the Kano Emirate Council, but the Secretary of the Council. We thank you for giving us the opportunity to respond to the various allegations contained in the report and accordingly give our responses as per the attached. ‘Please accept our best regards.’

Recall that NIGERIA NEW reported earlier on the preliminary report of the Investigation surrounding the emir’s alleged fraud

Please share this info from NIGERIA NEWS, it is VERY important for all
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

BREAKING

Atiku Abubakar Is Not A Threat To Democracy But Believes In The Rule Of Law – Paul Ibe

Published

on

Atiku Abubakar Is Not A Threat To Democracy But Believes In The Rule Of Law - Paul Ibe

The Presidential Candidate for the People’s Democratic Party, PDP, in the last Nigeria Presidential Election, Atiku Abubakar recently states that he saw a signal to be arrested, NIGERIA NEWS reports.

However, Atiku media spokesperson, Paul Ibe states this on Sunday.

Besides, the accusation of Atiku about the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC conduct of the election, he is tagged to be a threat to the current administration.

His Spokesperson is quoted saying, “I wish to emphatically state that such a statement did not emanate from Atiku Abubakar or his privies.

“It is the work of mischief makers who want to mar his spotless pro-democratic record and lay the groundwork for their threatened actions against him on false charges of being a threat to national security.

“For the avoidance of doubt, Atiku Abubakar believes in the rule of law and in the laws of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. In his almost four decades in politics, he has never taken action or spoken words against democracy and will not start now.

“Atiku Abubakar and his team have confidence in God and thus call on those bent on mischief to have the fear of God and retrace their steps.

Ibe then finally stated that:

“Democracy has come to stay in Nigeria. The culture of fear being created now cannot rein in our democracy. Nigeria and Nigerians have a consistent history of outlasting tyranny and will continue to do so by the grace of God.”

Please share this info from NIGERIA NEWS, it is VERY important for all
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Continue Reading

BREAKING

Kogi Guber: Yahaya Bello Campaign Director-General Regrets Campaigning For Him

Published

on

Kogi Guber: Yahaya Bello Campaign Director-General Regrets Campaigning For Him

Yahaya Bello failed the first term – Kogi Gubernatorial election comes up November 16, 2019

Dr. Yakubu Ugwolawo begs the Igala people for forgiveness in campaigning for the Kogi State Governor, Yahaya Bello. Dr. Yakubu is the Director-General for the Yahaya Bello campaign group in the year 2015 under the All Progressive Congress, APC, NIGERIA NEWS reports.

He offered the apology statement at the Justice Forum meeting of the APC held in Ankpa.

Besides the fact of regretting his action, he also nullifies himself from campaigning for the incumbent Governor in the election that would be coming up by 16th of November, 2019.

However, he is the one who led about 407 Igala delegates to vote against late Abubakar Audu who happened to be the opposition candidate to Yahaya Bello. Because of the disappointment experienced in the Governor first term, he then, pleaded to the Igala community to forgive him.

He further stated:

“I’m using this medium to apologize to the entire Igala nation for fielding Alhaji Bello in 2015 primary which made him the first runner up to our late leader Prince Abubakar Audu. I regret supporting him. Please forgive me. I regret my action for leading 407 Igala delegates to vote against our own brother. So far, Bello’s performance showed that he does not mean well for our people”.

An APC member, Goodman Akwu express the flaws in the Bello’s administration by stating the following:

“Governor Bello from available records has collected over N335 billion. We have these records from the office of the auditor general and ministry of finance. We also learned that he has hidden a huge amount of money to persecute his re-election bid. So, we must stand against this because his government is anti-people. If I were to be him, I will bow out because he has failed the young generation.

“Bello who happened to be an opportunist worked against the APC when he lost the primary against our late leader. He came into power by accident, and now the State is bleeding since he assumed office. Whoever that is amplifying Bello’s ‘Enemuneme’ slogan from Kogi East is a disappointment to Igala race.”

The following people are presents at the meeting are the former Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) President, Sanni Lulu, Yusuf Maiyanga, Mona Audu, and representatives of other aspirants from Kogi East.

Please share this info from NIGERIA NEWS, it is VERY important for all
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Continue Reading
Advertisement

contact us

email for nigerianews

NigeriaNews_net

Advertisement

Trending