Innoson Recants, Says Court Never Awarded Him N14Billion Against GTB
Innoson has released another statement saying that the court actually ask Gtbank to pay about N14billion into an Interest Yielding account and they have not apologised for any statement.
According the statement released by Innoson obtained by NIGERIA NEWS, it reads: our attention has been drawn to the above headline going round different social media platforms, some sections of online news medium and blogs which suggests that the Chairman of Innoson Group, Chief Dr Innocent Chukwuma has recanted from the initial published Press Release with the Caption: GTB To Pay Innoson’s N14Billion Judgment Debt Into An Interest Yielding Account, Says Supreme Court.
We want to state categorically that at no time did we ever recant from our position that GTBank shall within 14 days pay the sum of over N14Billion judgment debt to the Deputy Chief Registrar of the Court of Appeal Enugu Division and which shall be paid into an interest yielding account in a reputable bank.
Also there was never a time the company spokesperson Cornel Osigwe published an apology anywhere to admit to have posted a false report on what transpired at the Supreme Court.
For the records, every Press Statements released and signed by the Head of Corporate Communications of Innoson Group, Cornel Osigwe is first sent to the media houses and then published in his personal Facebook page:www.facebook.com/
osigwecornel which has been his official social media communication to the social media world.
We maintain that by the Supreme Court’s decision on 7th of June 2018, and as a result of the struck out application of the motion for stay of the execution filed by GTBank, GTBank is advised within 14 days from the date of the Supreme Court decision striking out its application to obey the order of the Court of Appeal and pay the judgment debt to the Deputy Chief Register of the Court and which sum of money the Deputy Chief Register shall pay into an interest yielding account in a reputable bank.
More in Business
Recent Nigeria News
- President Buhari’s Visit To Morocco: Six Quick Takeaways June 23, 2018
- APC 2018 LIve Convention Update – Read What Security Men Are Doing June 23, 2018
- Gombe Idps To Buhari: `We Will Speak For You With Our PVC June 23, 2018
- Goal Alert!!!!!! Kroos Scores for Germany June 23, 2018
- President Mnangagwa Escapes Unhurt After Bomb Blast At Rally June 23, 2018
- APC National Convention Update News Today Friday June 23, 2018
- 2018 FIFA World Cup: Germany vs Sweden Live Updates From Nigeria News June 23, 2018
- APC Loses Members To PDP In Edo June 23, 2018
- MTV Movie And TV Awards Winners 2018 June 23, 2018