Innoson Recants, Says Court Never Awarded Him N14Billion Against GTB
Innoson has released another statement saying that the court actually ask Gtbank to pay about N14billion into an Interest Yielding account and they have not apologised for any statement.
According the statement released by Innoson obtained by NIGERIA NEWS, it reads: our attention has been drawn to the above headline going round different social media platforms, some sections of online news medium and blogs which suggests that the Chairman of Innoson Group, Chief Dr Innocent Chukwuma has recanted from the initial published Press Release with the Caption: GTB To Pay Innoson’s N14Billion Judgment Debt Into An Interest Yielding Account, Says Supreme Court.
We want to state categorically that at no time did we ever recant from our position that GTBank shall within 14 days pay the sum of over N14Billion judgment debt to the Deputy Chief Registrar of the Court of Appeal Enugu Division and which shall be paid into an interest yielding account in a reputable bank.
Also there was never a time the company spokesperson Cornel Osigwe published an apology anywhere to admit to have posted a false report on what transpired at the Supreme Court.
For the records, every Press Statements released and signed by the Head of Corporate Communications of Innoson Group, Cornel Osigwe is first sent to the media houses and then published in his personal Facebook page:www.facebook.com/
osigwecornel which has been his official social media communication to the social media world.
We maintain that by the Supreme Court’s decision on 7th of June 2018, and as a result of the struck out application of the motion for stay of the execution filed by GTBank, GTBank is advised within 14 days from the date of the Supreme Court decision striking out its application to obey the order of the Court of Appeal and pay the judgment debt to the Deputy Chief Register of the Court and which sum of money the Deputy Chief Register shall pay into an interest yielding account in a reputable bank.
More in Business
Changing Paradigm Shift In Global Economy Leaves China As The Best Hope For Africa – Zambian expert
The changing paradigm shift in global economy leaves China as the best hope for Africa’s future...
Recent Nigeria News
- Livescore Of Today Match: Liverpool vs PSG September 18, 2018
- Livescore Of Today Match: Inter Milan vs Tottenham Hoptspur September 18, 2018
- Livescore Of Today Match: Barcelona vs PSV Eindoven September 18, 2018
- There Are Signs That North Korea Still ‘Maintaining Its Nuclear Weapons’ – UN Envoy September 18, 2018
- U.S. Keen To Receive 310,000 Refugees, Asylum Seekers In 2019 September 18, 2018
- News Today: No Fewer Than 6.3m Children Died In 2017-UN Report September 18, 2018
- Nigerian Newspapers Today Headlines 18/9/2018 September 18, 2018
- Linda Ikeji Son: All We Know Yet September 17, 2018
- WAEC Postpones English Language Paper, Sends Important Message To Candidates September 17, 2018