It is my opinion that the home should not just be a place to go for going sake. Rather, it should be a place where you can take both personal and physical refuge. Also, it should be a place that relaxes you from the stress of the day and the roads.
NIGERIA NEWS from NIGERIAN NEWSPAPERS free BREAKING News subscription
It should give you a better comfort, serenity and peaceful atmosphere than what you enjoy in hotels. Just like in this HuffPost Healthy Living section, psychotherapist Robi Ludwig said, our home should be the place where we can relax, regroup and reinforce the best part of who we are.
Now, the question is; why aren’t our homes as welcoming as those hotel rooms? What makes the difference? So, here are five tips to make your home a relaxing haven just like your favorite hotel!
- Declutter: This is your first bet in having a relaxing home. As much as possible, try to arrange things accordingly. Fold/Hang up clothes where necessary. Place dirty clothes in laundry baskets. Just tidy things up or have you ever entered a hotel room with pieces of stuff lying around?
- Imbibe Colours: Do you know that colors can lift up your mood? Try painting your home in your favorite color. You could go for warmer colors such as peach, orange, etc which makes places look more inviting. Blue is calming, Indigo is sedative, Orange is a color of fu. So go ahead and choose as you please. Remember, a coat of paint can be transformative; it can bring a home forward decades or create a sense of brightness and space.
- Lightning: You can’t beat this tip, trust me. Lightning takes the ambiance of a place to a whole new level. It sets the mood for a relaxing time. Use brighter light for the day when you need to see clearly and set a warm lightning for the time you want to go to bed. Dictate your mood yourself.
- Invest In Textures: Another way to create that relaxing atmosphere in your home is by investing in textures. Surround yourself with the things you love to touch and feel. It could be such as soft pillows, fluffy carpets, fringy items, silky curtains, fancy wallpapers etc. Just remember that the key here is moderation.
- Aromatherapy: Remember that smell that greets you when you enter your hotel room? Yes, you can do that in your home too. Get scented candles, air fresheners. They are available in many fragrances such as lavender, strawberry, Just choose one based on your mood.
Well, there you have it. Remember that it’s your home! Make it a haven to your taste.