August 27th Mon. 2018 Nigeria News Today Headlines – Nigerian Newspapers
Monday 27/08/2018 News alert from www.Nigeria News.com August 27th, 2018 Nigeria News today headlines. Read all Nigeria News Headlines from Nigerian Newspapers today news now live 24/7.
We have provided all the news headlines to news summary and a snippet of the headlines for the Nigeria News. Go along with us.
- Gov. Ugwuanyi Needs Recruitment Of More Police Personnel Can Be Found At Nigeria News Headlines Today On: Local News - Gov. Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi of Enugu State has appealed to the Federal Government to recruit more police personnel to combat security challenges in the country. Ugwuanyi made the call when members of the Police Service Commission (PSC) paid him a courtesy visit at the Government House, Enugu, on Monday. He pledged
- Kwankwaso To Make His Presidential Ambition Public In Abuja Wednesday Can Be Found At Nigeria News Headlines Today On: Politics - Former Kano State Governor, Sen. Rabiu Kwankwaso, will officially declare his presidential ambition for the 2019 election on Wednesday, a statement by the Kwankwaso Presidential Campaign Committee, has said. The statement, signed by a member of the committee Mr Taiwo Adekanla, was released in Abuja on Monday. It said that
- Breaking: FG Releases List Of 69 Projects Being Worked On In South-East Can Be Found At Nigeria News Headlines Today On: Local News - Following the criticism by some governors of the South-eastern region of the country on the President Muhammadu Buhari's administration, the Federal Government has today released a list of roads and bridge projects which are currently being worked. According to information gathered by NIGERIA NEWS, the governors had been initially reported
- Police Nabs 57 Suspected Homosexuals In Lagos Can Be Found At Nigeria News Headlines Today On: Local News - The Lagos State Police Command on Monday said it had arrested 57 persons suspected to be involved in homosexual activities in the Egbeda area of the state. The Lagos State Commissioner of Police, CP Edgal Imohimi, confirmed the arrest to newsmen during a news conference. He said that
- 6 Docked For Cultism, Possession Of Firearms Can Be Found At Nigeria News Headlines Today On: Local News - Six people accused of being in possession of firearms and belonging to a cultic group, were on Monday docked before a Chief Magistrates’ Court in Ado-Ekiti. They were Adefemi Tosin (25); Yusuf Ayobami (31); Mohammed Ibrahim (29); Adejumo Ola (29); Monday Queen (29) and Asaolu Damilola (31). The accused, whose
- Dino Raises Alarm Over Fresh Alleged Plan To Kill Him Can Be Found At Nigeria News Headlines Today On: Local News - The controversial senator, Dino Melaye, has yet again accused the Kogi State Government of collaborating with the Nigeria Police force in order to terminate his life. The senator who is representing Kogi West in the Senate made this claim via his official twitter handle a few minutes ago. According to the
- Unilorin Starts Screening Of 39,711 Candidates For Post-UTME – Spokesman Can Be Found At Nigeria News Headlines Today On: Education - The University of Ilorin has begun screening for its post-Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) in the 2018/2019 academic session, with 39, 711 candidates taking part in the exercise. The institution’s Director of Corporate Affairs, Mr Kunle Akogun, announced this on Monday in a statement in Ilorin. He said the exercise would involve
- Man Lands In Court Over Murder Of Traditional Ruler Can Be Found At Nigeria News Headlines Today On: Local News - An Ado-Ekiti Chief Magistrates’ Court on Monday ordered the remand of 42-year-old man, Omoniyi Stephen, over alleged murder. The accused, whose address was not provided, is being tried for murder. The prosecutor, Johnson Okunade, alleged that the accused committed the offence on Aug. 20 in Ikole-Ekiti. Okunade said that the
- Wike Sends Strong Message To EFCC Boss Can Be Found At Nigeria News Headlines Today On: Local News - Following the invitation of a managing director of Zenith Bank, Peter Amangbo, by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), the executive governor of Rivers state, Nyesom Wike has sent a strong message to the commission's boss, Ibrahim Magu to let him know that none of his staff would henceforth honour his
- Okorocha Swears In New LG Chairmen In Imo State Can Be Found At Nigeria News Headlines Today On: Politics - Reports reaching NIGERIA NEWS reveals that Governor Rochas Okorocha has just sworn in some newly elected Local Government chairmen in the state. The Governor who spoke at the event which took place at the Government House in Owerri urged the new Local Government Chairmen to "commit themselves to meaningful projects