August 8th Wed. 2018 Nigeria News Today Headlines – Nigerian Newspapers
- Sack Of DSS DG: Display Of Constitution Supremacy – PPA Can Be Found At Nigeria News Headlines Today On: Politics - The Progressive People’s Alliance (PPA) said sack of Department of State Services (DSS) Director-General, Mr Lawal Dauda, demonstrated that Constitution of Nigeria must be respected by all. National Chairman of the party, Chief Peter Ameh, stated this on Wednesday in Abuja. He told the NIGERIA NEWS of Nigeria that the
- Jega Advocates Affirms Laws Against Fake Election Results Can Be Found At Nigeria News Headlines Today On: Politics - Prof. Attahiru Jega, former Chairman, Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), has urged the Federal Government to proffer stiffer laws against declaration of fake election results. Jega made the call on Wednesday in Abuja at an international conference with “Democracy and Disinformation: How Fake News Threatens our Freedom and Democracy in
- Update: Saraki Dodges Journalists After Private Meeting IBB In Minna. Can Be Found At Nigeria News Headlines Today On: Local News - Senate President Bukola Saraki on Friday avoided journalists after holding a private meeting with the former Military President Ibrahim Babangida at his hilltop mansion in Minna, Niger state. The NIGERIA NEWS reports that Sen.Saraki arrived IBB ’s residence at about 4.10p.m.and left at 5.50 p.m. for Minna international Airport, shunning
- Police Nab 85-Year-Old Infamous Drug Barons For Drug Trafficking In Spain Can Be Found At Nigeria News Headlines Today On: Local News - One of Spain’s oldest and most infamous drug barons, Manuel Charlin, 85, was arrested on Wednesday during a large-scale raid against drug trafficking in the North-Western Galicia Region. Charlie's son, Melchor, and 16 others were also arrested in the raid. Spanish police confirmed media reports about the arrests, with more expected
- 2018 Hajj: NAHCON Adds Up Security Surveillance In Pilgrims’ Camps Can Be Found At Nigeria News Headlines Today On: Local News - The National Hajj Commission of Nigeria (NAHCON) says it has stepped up security surveillance to stamp out the menace of unscrupulous elements in pilgrims’ camps in Saudi Arabia. NAHCON’s Head of Civic Enlightenment Umar Bala announced this at a meeting with the National Hajj Ulama Team on Wednesday in Madinah.
- Total Of 435,449 PVCs Yet To Be Claimed In Imo- REC Can Be Found At Nigeria News Headlines Today On: Local News - The INEC Resident Electoral Commissioner in IMO, Prof. Francis Ezeonu, has expressed displeasure at the 435,449 Permanent Voter Cards (PVC) yet to be collected in Imo State. Ezeonu made this known at a meeting of the State Inter-Agency Committee on Voter Education and Publicity (SICEP) held in Owerri on Wednesday.
- U.S. Promise To Improve Access To Education In Nigeria Can Be Found At Nigeria News Headlines Today On: Education - The U.S Deputy Chief of Mission in Nigeria, David Young, has pledged his country’s determination to increase access to primary and secondary education and improve reading culture in Nigeria Young made the pledge on Wednesday in Abuja at a special preview of some new films produced in Hausa Language under United
- Police Docked Caretaker For Alleged Conversion Of Rents To Personal Use Can Be Found At Nigeria News Headlines Today On: Local News - The police, on Wednesday, arraigned Gbenga Akomolafe, 55, a caretaker, before a Chief Magistrates’ Court in Ilupeju-Ekiti for allegedly collecting N935,000 house rents without remitting same to the owner, Abbey Olamilekan. The prosecutor, Sgt. Adeniyi Famodimu, told the court that the accused person, on or before January 2018, rented out a
- Police Nab U.S Army Personnel Over Alleged Fraud In Imo Can Be Found At Nigeria News Headlines Today On: Local News - Operatives of the Federal Special Anti Robbery Squad (F-SARS), of the Police Command in Imo says it has arrested a member of the U.S. Army, Mr Garrick Michael, over alleged advance fee fraud. The Commissioner of police, Mr Dasuki Galadanchi, disclosed this on Wednesday in Owerri while presenting to Journalists
- INEC Records 198,038 New Voters In Niger Can Be Found At Nigeria News Headlines Today On: Politics - The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) in Niger registered 198,038 new voters in the Continuous Voter’s Registration (CVR) exercise between Jan. and Aug. 2018, the Resident Electoral Commission, Prof. Samuel Egwu, has said. Egwu, who addressed a news conference in Minna 0n Wednesday, said that the CVR would be suspended
Support NIGERIA NEWS' journalism of integrity and credibility
Great contents and like this one costs us alots. Yet only great contents that can separate us from others and can ensure the possibility of a good society, an accountable democracy, and a transparent government.
For continued free access to one of the best investigative great conttent in the country we ask you to consider making a modest donation to this great arts of journalistm.
By contributing to NIGERIA NEWS, You are helping everyone and us to make sure this is available to all.