Dailypost has curated top ten Nigerianews today being 15h, March 2019 on www.nigerianews.net
Here is today’s summary from Nigerian Newspapers
- Aisah, the wife of President Muhammadu Buhari, has been given a new appointment by the Joint United Nations Programme on HIV and AIDS (UNAIDS)
Aisha on Thursday was appointed as the UNAIDS Special Ambassador for the Elimination of Mother-to-Child Transmission of HIV.
- Governor Nasir El-Rufa’i of Kaduna State on Thursday urged Nigerians to disregard the rumour going around in the social media that he was involved in an accident.
El-Rufa’i said in a Hausa audio message made available to newsmen on Thursday in Kaduna, that the rumour being circulated was absolutely false.
- The Coordinator, National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) in Kano, Alhaji Ladan Baba said nine corps members from the 2018 Batch A are to repeat the one year national service.
The Coordinator said the affected corps members absconded completely for more than three months from their places of primary assignments
- The Kaduna State Police Command said no fewer than 17 vigilantes were killed by armed bandits in Jan Ruwa Village in Birnin Gawri Local Government of Kaduna State.
The Command’s Public Relations Officer, DSP Yakubu Sabo, disclosed that the police received information on March 12 at about 11:45am that a group of armed bandits entered Jan Ruwa Village of Birnin Gawri LGA and rustled many cows.
- The Police in Anambra have arrested the driver of the tanker carrying kerosene, who lost control of his vehicle in Onitsha around Upper Iweka area, killing about seven people, while injuring 19 others.
The Police Public Relations Officer of the state police command, SP Haruna Mohammed in a press release made available to journalists in Awka said the driver, a 35-year-old man named Junior Agari, was arrested and the truck also confiscated.
- Imo state Governor-elect, Emeka Ihedioha has warned financial institutions to stop new transactions with the state government or do so at their own peril.
Ihedioha, who said this at a media interaction in Owerri on Thursday, said new transactions would increase chances of illegal activities and jeopardise the financial stability of the state.
- The Adamawa State High Court has barred the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) from conducting the supplementary governorship election scheduled for the state on March, 23.
The state High Court, presided in Yola by Justice Abdulaziz Waziri, granted an interim injuction by one of the governorship candidates stopping INEC from conducting the supplementary polls in the 44 polling units where voting during the March 9 governorship election was cancelled
- The Police in Oyo State have arrested the Chief Whip of the State House of Assembly, Honourable Wasiu Olafisoye Akinmoyede in connection with the death of senatorial candidate of Action Democratic Party, ADP, Honourable Temitope Olatoye, also known as Sugar.
The Speaker of the House of Assembly, Rt Honourable Olagunju Ojo, confirmed that the House was notified through a letter that Honourable Akinmoyede is under investigation.
- The Supreme Council of Bishops also known as World Council of Bishops, has appealed to President Muhammadu Buhari to assent to the Electoral Amendment Bill.
The bishops made the appeal following the discrepancies that characterized the recently concluded Presidential, National Assembly, Governorship, State House Of Assemblies, and Area Councils in Abuja’s Nigeria’s 2019 General Elections.
- The Oyo State Police Command on Wednesday said that is has arrested no fewer than 18 suspects in connection with various electoral offences during the Saturday’s governorship and state House of Assembly elections in the state.
Public Relations Officer (PRO) of the state police command, Mr. Olugbenga Fadeyi, while speaking with journalists, explained that the suspects, who were being held at the State Criminal Investigation and Intelligence Department (SCIID), were arrested at various polling units during the elections.
Game Of Thrones, Final Episode 6, Arya To Kill Daenerys, What Happen To Jon Snow?
So far so good, Game of Thrones has come and it’s time the series movie come to an end. The Season 8, Final Episode 6 is premiered today and according to the Home Box Office, HBO, this would be the last episode of the last season for the series movie. If Arya Kill Daenerys, what would happen to Jon Snow?
The series movie happened to be the most watched in recent time and for this, there have been several spoilers but promised there won’t be any spoiler as regard this article, NIGERIA NEWS gist.
However, before the airing of the series starts on 14th April 2019. Part of 5 episodes has been leaked several spoilers tends to extract part of the clips and distribute through the torrent site which makes the series to be the most pirated of all time. But considering to be saved from spoilers, it’s better off to stay offline from the internet throughout today, till you get to watch the last episode with so much enthusiasm.
As regards to the question asked that, ” If Arya Kill Daenerys, what would happen to Jon Snow? “, the answer would be in the last episode and in order to keep your gues triggered the fascination and suspense the last episode would bring to you, you would need to try every possible means to keep away from spoiler and ensure you watch the last episode on time as you may find yourself discussing with a spoiler.
It is important to think about who would sit on the ‘iron throne’ as Daenerys and Jon Snow are both Targarians and Jon Snow is in love with Daenerys. Moreso, Jon Snow is not found to be obsessed with securing a throne or title for himself. On the other hand, Daenerys is so obsessed with the ‘iron throne’. Could it be the reason Daenerys could be killed by Arya Stark in order for Jon Snow to mount the ‘Iron throne’? If Daenerys is killed what condition would Jon Snow be?
In order to know the answer to all this as to whether it would happen or not, play a caution game of staying away from spoilers. The NIGERIA NEWS gist then brings to you some of the websites you should stay away from in order to avoid spoiler for the final taste of the series recipe.
And they are:
- Stay away from reading Youtube comment as you might meet spoiler there.
- Stay away from Twitch chat, Whatsapp chat, most especially the group chats.
- Stay away from some website headlines relating to Game of Thrones in order to get clicks for their website. A few examples I can mention is UK tabloids and inverse. You can google anything related to Game of Thrones to see some of the clickbait sites.
- Finally, stay totally away from the internet for some few hours as the spoilers are very much on the internet and make sure you don’t initiate discussion over Game of Thrones to avoid anybody spoiling the last recipe for you.
Do enjoy the last episode, click and download it here.
All EPL New Rules For The 2019/2020 Season
The International Football Association Board, IFAB, has affirmed English Premier League, EPL new rules and changes for the 2019/2020 season. The new principles would influence the Freekicks, Handball, Substitution, Drop ball and cards for coaches, NIGERIA NEWS reports.
The Video Aide Ref popularly known as VAR would so be implemented by next season in the English Premier League, EPL. The aforementioned areas where there would be new implementation would surely have a great effect in the league.
EPL New Rules Ahead 2019/2020 Season…
The rule that would be implemented under this is that there would be no chance given to any players to waste time on the pitch anymore, as substituted players would have to leave the pitch at the closest side of the pitch and card may probably be awarded for wasting time.
The Goalkeepers would, therefore, have to have a foot put on the line and would not be allowed to touch the goal posts before the shoot out of the penalty kicks. In this manner, no Goalkeeper would be able to exploit any chance to avert an opportunity to lead.
The coach would also have to be carded by the Referee in a similar as players were being carded during a match. Both yellow and red cards would also be applicable to coaches as well as starting from next season.
- The goal would be denied if the ball actually strikes any player’s hand during the development to have a goal.
- If any player should make any favourable moves in handling the ball outside the penalty kickbox, even if it regarded unintentional, freekicks would be awarded.
- The IFAB dispose of ‘manufactured’ restarts if there be any drop balls.
The IFAB make it clear that:
“The current dropped ball procedure often leads to a ‘manufactured’ restart which is ‘exploited’ unfairly or an aggressive confrontation.
“Returning the ball to the team that last played it restores what was ‘lost’ when play was stopped, except in the penalty area where it is simpler to return the ball to the goalkeeper.
“To prevent that team gaining an unfair advantage, all players of both teams, except the player receiving the ball, must be at least 4m (4.5 yds) away.”
- Education2 days ago
JAMB UTME results: JAMB 2019 top news today, May 18th
- BREAKING1 day ago
Obasanjo Reveals How President Buhari Is Empowering Terrorist Group, Boko Haram
- Headlines24 hours ago
Nigeria breaking news today headlines Sunday, 05/19/2019
- Headlines23 hours ago
Nigerian Newspapers: Top Today Headlines On 19th, May 2019
- Headlines1 day ago
Who is planning coup in Nigeria: PDP Chieftain reacts
- Headlines2 days ago
Hacker who steals $5.3m monthly, finally caught by Detectives in Mexico with flashy cars
- BREAKING1 day ago
Minister of Education, Adamu Adamu Finally Speaks On 2019 JAMB Results
- governance1 day ago
Ibrahim Babangida not dead yet – as aid denies death rumour on the former military leader