KOGI GOVERNMENT SETS UP 25 VIEWING CENTRES FOR THE RUSSIA 2018 WORLD CUP
The Kogi State Government has concluded arrangements to set up 25 centres where interested citizens can watch every match played in Russia 2018 World Cup for free.
The viewing centres, one in each federal constituency in the state, will be set up in easily accessible and secure locations fully equipped with cable TV subscription, projector and screen, standby generator and other accessories.
Our correspondent who was in Government House a short while ago witnessed officials taking delivery of the items for delivery to the designated localities.
The government is also providing constant fuel supply and trained attendants to man the centres. The Nigerian police and other security agencies will provide security for viewers at each centre and forestall any form of violence.
It appears as if lovers of football in Kogi State can look forward to uninterrupted entertainment throughout the mundial, courtesy of their government.
A cross-section of Lokoja youths interviewed on the development commended the gesture and praised the Governor for always finding thoughtful ways to connect with the hearts and interests of his people.
Forwarded – Anonymous
More in Local News
Recent Nigeria News
- President Buhari’s Visit To Morocco: Six Quick Takeaways June 23, 2018
- APC 2018 LIve Convention Update – Read What Security Men Are Doing June 23, 2018
- Gombe Idps To Buhari: `We Will Speak For You With Our PVC June 23, 2018
- Goal Alert!!!!!! Kroos Scores for Germany June 23, 2018
- President Mnangagwa Escapes Unhurt After Bomb Blast At Rally June 23, 2018
- APC National Convention Update News Today Friday June 23, 2018
- 2018 FIFA World Cup: Germany vs Sweden Live Updates From Nigeria News June 23, 2018
- APC Loses Members To PDP In Edo June 23, 2018
- MTV Movie And TV Awards Winners 2018 June 23, 2018