KOGI GOVERNMENT SETS UP 25 VIEWING CENTRES FOR THE RUSSIA 2018 WORLD CUP
The Kogi State Government has concluded arrangements to set up 25 centres where interested citizens can watch every match played in Russia 2018 World Cup for free.
The viewing centres, one in each federal constituency in the state, will be set up in easily accessible and secure locations fully equipped with cable TV subscription, projector and screen, standby generator and other accessories.
Our correspondent who was in Government House a short while ago witnessed officials taking delivery of the items for delivery to the designated localities.
The government is also providing constant fuel supply and trained attendants to man the centres. The Nigerian police and other security agencies will provide security for viewers at each centre and forestall any form of violence.
It appears as if lovers of football in Kogi State can look forward to uninterrupted entertainment throughout the mundial, courtesy of their government.
A cross-section of Lokoja youths interviewed on the development commended the gesture and praised the Governor for always finding thoughtful ways to connect with the hearts and interests of his people.
Forwarded – Anonymous
More in Local News
Recent Nigeria News
- Livescore Of Today Match: Barcelona vs Girona September 23, 2018
- NNPC Implores NUPENG, PENGASSAN To Halt Planned Strike Action September 23, 2018
- Joseph Areola Afuape Declared Osun State Election 2018 Inconclusive September 23, 2018
- Who Won Osun State Election 2018? September 23, 2018
- Breaking News: Ras Kimono’s Wife, Efe Confirms Dead September 23, 2018
- Ndume Says Saraki Has No Justification To Remain Senate President September 23, 2018
- Boko Haram: Ndume Hails Military, Charges Concentration On 3 Black Spots September 23, 2018
- There Is No Faction In APC State Chapters Says Ndume September 23, 2018
- Stakeholders Need More Attention To Cashew Production To Optimise Potential September 23, 2018