Notable Achievements Of The Late Former Governor Of Kwara State Bamigboye
It was reported earlier the passing away of the former governor of Kwara state, Brigadier General (retired) Femi David Lasisi Bamigboye today 21 September 2019. He was the first Military Governor of Kwara State from May 1967 to July 1975, after it had been split from the old Northern Region during the military regime of General Yakubu Gowon. In loving memory of the late leader, Nigerianews.net brings to you some notable achievements during his regime.
David Bamigboye is an Igbomina man. His younger brother is Theophilus Bamigboye, another military ruler turned politician. In 1968 he created the Kwara State Ministry of Education, with a department to handle Scholarship/Bursary matters. In 1971 he announced a decision to establish the Kwara State Polytechnic, which came into existence in 1972. In December 1972 he opened the new premises of Ola-Olu Hospital with accommodation for thirty-five beds.
- 1st Governor of Kwara State.
- The longest serving for 9yrs (1967-1975).
- He laid a solid foundation for Kwara State.
- Established Kwara Polytechnic.
- Established Herald Newspaper.
- Built Kwara Hotel.
- Built Kwara State Secretariat.
- Built the Kwara Stare Government House.
- Built many secondary schools.
- Built many General Hospitals.
- Scholarships for Kwara Indigenes in higher institutions.
He built and sustained unity in Kwara state and produced many outstanding leaders, scholars, civil servants, jurists, professionals, entrepreneurs and many great Kwarans in various fields.
May his gentle soul rest in peace…Amen!