President Muhammadu Buhari has given a verdict that any Fulani man caught with Ak-47 should be charged to court.
This was made known yesterday during his visit to Jalingo.
Recall that NIGERIA NEWS reported that following the incessant violence in the country about five states willl be visited by the President.
his reason to visit Taraba State first was informed by the large-scale killing at Mambila Plateau which he described as more than the number of those killed in Benue and Zamfara states.”
According to him, “he will soon embark on the same visit to Zamfara and Benue states, also to condole with those who lost their loved ones.”
Buhari called on the traditional rulers to call their people to order and preach peace.
Äccording to him, “traditional rulers in Nigeria were the main land lords, while politicians like himself as the President and Governor Darius Ishaku of Taraba State were visitors who might not stay on their seats for ever.”
In his words, “Any Fulani man caught with AK-47 should be charged to court. You, the traditional rulers are going to remain on your stools till you die; Ishaku (the governor) and I may not last on our seats for long but you are going to be there till you die.”
“Please go to your domains and initiate peace among your people. These killings will not help us,” President Buhari said.”
The people of Taraba were elated about the visit.
More in Fulani Herdsmen Attack
Fulani Herdsmen Attack
UN Reveal What They Will Do On Boko Haram, Herdsmen Killings In Nigeria
UN releases Report On Boko Haram, Herdsmen Killings In Nigeria The United Nations through its Secretary...
Fulani Herdsmen Attack
BBOG Covener, Ezekwesili Reacts To Buhari’s Plea For Patience Over Incessant KIllings
Ezekwesili Reacts To Buhari’s Statement Over Killings Former Minister of Education and the convener of the...
Recent Nigeria News
- Livescore Of Today Match: Barcelona vs Girona September 23, 2018
- NNPC Implores NUPENG, PENGASSAN To Halt Planned Strike Action September 23, 2018
- Joseph Areola Afuape Declared Osun State Election 2018 Inconclusive September 23, 2018
- Who Won Osun State Election 2018? September 23, 2018
- Breaking News: Ras Kimono’s Wife, Efe Confirms Dead September 23, 2018
- Ndume Says Saraki Has No Justification To Remain Senate President September 23, 2018
- Boko Haram: Ndume Hails Military, Charges Concentration On 3 Black Spots September 23, 2018
- There Is No Faction In APC State Chapters Says Ndume September 23, 2018
- Stakeholders Need More Attention To Cashew Production To Optimise Potential September 23, 2018