President Muhammadu Buhari has given a verdict that any Fulani man caught with Ak-47 should be charged to court.
This was made known yesterday during his visit to Jalingo.
Recall that NIGERIA NEWS reported that following the incessant violence in the country about five states willl be visited by the President.
his reason to visit Taraba State first was informed by the large-scale killing at Mambila Plateau which he described as more than the number of those killed in Benue and Zamfara states.”
According to him, “he will soon embark on the same visit to Zamfara and Benue states, also to condole with those who lost their loved ones.”
Buhari called on the traditional rulers to call their people to order and preach peace.
Äccording to him, “traditional rulers in Nigeria were the main land lords, while politicians like himself as the President and Governor Darius Ishaku of Taraba State were visitors who might not stay on their seats for ever.”
In his words, “Any Fulani man caught with AK-47 should be charged to court. You, the traditional rulers are going to remain on your stools till you die; Ishaku (the governor) and I may not last on our seats for long but you are going to be there till you die.”
“Please go to your domains and initiate peace among your people. These killings will not help us,” President Buhari said.”
The people of Taraba were elated about the visit.
More in Fulani Herdsmen Attack
Fulani Herdsmen Attack
You Promoted Hatred When You Signed The Anti-Open Grazing Law, Miyetti Allah
The Miyetti Allah Cattle Breeders Association of Nigeria (MACBAN) have accused the Benue State Government of promoting...
Recent Nigeria News
- Breaking Dbanj News: D’banj Loses His Son, Daniel III June 24, 2018
- 2018 World Cup: See Golden Boot Race Charts June 24, 2018
- Oil Prices: Trump Did Not Pressure Us To Increase Production – Barkindo June 24, 2018
- Goal Alert!! Cuadrado Scores For Colombia June 24, 2018
- Nigerian Firm Automates Garri Production June 24, 2018
- 2018 FIFA World Cup: Poland vs Colombia Live Updates From Nigeria News June 24, 2018
- NPOWER NEWS Today: Npower In Edo Speaks On Verification For Pre Selected Candiates June 24, 2018
- 2019: Leverage On NTYR—Philanthropist Urges Ebonyi Youths June 24, 2018
- FG Deploys AIG To Lagos Airport Over Security June 24, 2018