The sacked Director General of the Department of State Services, Lawal Daura had his cup filled up today.
Daura who was sacked by the Acting President, Professor Yemi Osinbajo, for an offence which bothers on the national security of the country has landed in police custody.
Recalled that it was reported at the early hours of today that officers of the DSS stormed the National Assembly and prevented lawmakers, journalists and staff from gaining access to the building.
However, there has been allegations and counter allegations from members of the All Progressives Congress, APC and the members of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP over the incident.
The presidency under the control of Osinbajo has however ordered the immediate termination of the appointment of the DSS boss in order to show that the APC led administration does not and would not tolerate any undemocratic act that can jeopardise the peace and unity of the country.
The dismissal of the DSS boss has however led to a peep into some of the actions of his in the past(i.e as the DG-DSS).
As reported by Daily Trust, some of the sins of the former DSS boss are:
- Journalist Jones Abiri’s arrest in July 2016 and detention without trial. Abiri has only recently been arraigned, two years after his disappearance. His mother initiated a controversial plea that shocked the country.
- The re-arrest of former National Security Adviser Sambo Dasuki on 29 december in 2015, after he was granted a court bail. Dasuki has since not been released.
- Re-arresting Dasuki on the 29th day of December 2015 after he was initially granted bail by the court. Dasuki has since not been released despite court orders.
- The continued detention of the leader of the Islamic Movement in Nigeria (IMN), Ibrahim El-Zakzaky after a military attack on his house in Zaria, Kaduna State in December 2015.
- The DSS on June 22 raided the home of Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe after his arrest on allegations of gun-running and sponsoring Indigenous People of Biafra.
- In April 2017, DSS recruitment was greeted with controversy over claims of lopsidedness.
- The siege of the DSS on National Assembly today, August 7, 2018