7 Things You Should Do If You Lose Your Phone
It’s gone. But it was here just a second ago. It can’t be. Are you sure it’s not in your other pocket? Nope, it’s definitely gone. That’s it. The world is over. So you’ve lost your phone. Or has it been stolen? Right now, you just don’t know. And while we can’t promise you’ll be reunited with your pride and joy, following these steps will at least make you feel like you did everything you could to get it back. And if it’s gone for good, well then you can brick it for good measure.
1. Call It:
When you realise your phone is missing the first thing you should do is ring it. You never know, it could just be down the back of the sofa. Even if it’s on mute, you should still hear it vibrating.
If it’s definitely gone walkabout, there’s a chance somebody’s picked it up, but things like fingerprint scanners and Face ID mean it’s not so easy for good samaritans to reunite found phones with their owners anymore.
So call it. If it rings, that’s a good sign, but if nobody answers you might need to call in the big guns.
2. Track It:
Both Android and iOS operating systems have built-in tracking features that allow you to locate your phone using its GPS. You set all that up before you lost it, right?
But how do you use it if your phone’s missing? If it’s an iPhone, either seek out another iThing and fire up the Find My iPhone app, or get yourself in front of a web browser and go to icloud.com/find.
If it’s an Android, do the same with Google’s Find My Device app, or head to android.com/find and you’ll be able to see your lost phone’s current location plotted on a map.
3. Send Out An SOS:
If you now know where your phone is but can’t get to it straight away, you can remotely secure it and send out an SOS.
Activate Lost Mode on your iPhone, or choose Secure Device if it’s on Android, and you can choose a contact number and message to display on the phone’s lock screen to indicate to anybody who picks it up that it’s gone AWOL.
Putting an iPhone in Lost Mode will also automatically suspend any cards linked to Apple Pay, should any rotten thief have fought their way past your phone’s security.
4. Wipe It:
If you call your phone and it goes straight to voicemail, or you attempt to track its GPS and it appears offline, then either it’s out of battery or somebody’s turned it off. Uh-oh. Now what?
Unless your phone was nearly dead when you lost it, that suggests it’s been nicked, but you can still protect whatever’s on it. You can remotely wipe the whole thing through iCloud or Google, but be aware this will end any chance of you tracking it.
You’ll also only be able to restore any data from your most recent backup, which is a good reason to do it regularly, isn’t it?
5. Report It:
Whether you’ve locked it, wiped it or given up on it, you should always report your phone’s unscheduled alone time to your network.
This will cover you in case somebody tries to use it to make three-hour calls to their Aunt Judy who runs a premium rate phone service from Bolivia.
If you’re sure it’s been stolen, it’s always worth reporting it to the cops as well. Chances of getting it back are slim but you’ll need the reference number to claim on your insurance.
6. Protect Your Online Self:
Just because you’ve nuked your lost phone doesn’t mean you’re done. Remember all those social media and email accounts you’ve got logged in on it? You’ll want to protect those too.
Most allow you to remotely log out or revoke access to specific devices or apps via their websites. On Twitter, for example, it’s done via the Apps menu, while Facebook allows you to do it from the Security and Login page of the Settings menu.
For Gmail and other Google services, use the Recently Used Devices page to remove the one that’s gone AWOL.
7. Stop It Happening Again:
Unless you’re a superhero there’s very little you can do about crime, but you can do your best to make sure your phone is as returnable as possible if you’re ever parted again.
On an iPhone you can add your contact details to the Siri & Search menu, so if somebody picks it up and asks: “Hey Siri, who does this phone belong to?” it’ll show whoever found it the name of its owner.
They won’t be able to call you without your face or fingerprint to unlock it, but they can at least dig through Facebook if they’re feeling really committed to the good samaritan cause.
JAMB: How to Check UTME Result With Your Registered Phone Number
UTME 2019: Check JAMB Results Using JAMB Registration Number – This is a detailed guide on how to check your JAMB UTME results; Jamb result which is also referred to as notification of result –
With this guide, you will be able to print your result as soon as JAMB releases the results of your CBT exams. The result will contain:
Name of the candidates
* JAMB registration number
* Candidate’s Date of Birth
* State of Origin
* Exams Number and
* The name of the centre where you sat for the exams
* List of the subjects written and score in each
NOTE: Your JAMB notification of result will not contain your
* State of Origin
* Schools and courses chosen
How to Check JAMB Results Online
Firstly, you will need any of the following to be able to check your score.
JAMB Registration number
Candidate’s email (used for the JAMB registration)
Candidate’s phone Number (used for the registration)
Follow the steps below to check and print your result
Visit JAMB homepage and click on Check UTME Results
- Or visit the result checking link straight here
Enter any of your JAMB registration number, phone number or email.
Click on check result.
A pop window will open and display the result.
Preview the result and print
Why You Need To Immediately Print JAMB Result
In the past, we have had various remark with regards to JAMB changing the marks of some students after they’d already checked their results. Candidates, who have once checked the results on phones but never printed, later complained of reduction/increase in their scores after rechecking when they were ready to print out.
Most of these cases were confirmed to be true even though JAMB may deny it.
This is why you must check your result as soon as possible. Then, print it and keep your printout for record purpose.
Print Original JAMB Results Online
There’s a big difference between JAMB result (the one discussed above) and the one called ORIGINAL JAMB RESULT.
Original JAMB result will display more information than notification of result. It will further show:
* Schools of choice and courses chosen
While candidates usually print the JAMB result for about N200 in the local cafes, printing Original result will cost around N1,700. This price change is because original result involves paying to JAMB N1,000 (excluding online/Remita charges). And note that it has to be printed in colour which will increase a café’s service charge.
See how Original JAMB result look and how to print it here
Printing Original JAMB result doesn’t have to be immediately. You will mostly need it when your post UTME registration and school’s admission exercise begins or after being offered admission.
How To Upload Pictures/Videos To Instagram Via Your Laptop
It is customary to upload Pictures and Videos to Instagram through smartphone but what about uploading via your Laptop. Below are some tricks you need to know in order to do that on your Laptop or Desktop, brought to you by NIGERIA NEWS:
- Open Chrome preferably and browser to Instagram Page and Sign in to your account.
- Right clicks on any space on your page and click on “Inspect” at the base of the menu that show up due to the right click. ( The page would split into two with the web content on the left side and the code content for the web page on the right-hand side ).
- Look at the top pane of the code content, you would see a tablet like symbol beside ” Element ” to the left, click on the symbol ( The left-hand side of the page where there is web content would change and there would appear a pane at the top with the word “responsive” }
- Click on the “responsive” and a drop-down menu with a different set of phone type would appear, like Galaxy S5, Pixel 2, Pixel 2 XL, iPhone 5/SE, iPhone 6/7/8, iPhone 6/7/8 Plus, iPhone X, iPad, iPad Pro, Edit.
Note clicking on the “Edit” could make you edit and input your device or any device that suit the one you possess.
- Pick any of the devices from the drop-down menu having clicked on the “responsive” but preferably the latest phone like Galaxy S5 and iPhone or anyone you felt like it’s closest to your phone.
- On the screenshot above you would see the pane showing the percentage view of the page like in this screenshot above its 100 per cent. Click and change it to “Fit to window”
- After you’ve done all the above procedure, you would then have a mobile view of Instagram like the one you possess on your Instagram Mobile App as shown below,
- Then Click on the second symbol beside the one currently with blue highlight and then you would have a phase in which you can click to upload the video.
- Click on the Upload above and there would appear a ” + ” sign as shown below in which you could click to upload your Videos. The moment you click on the plus sign it would show a dialogue box to browse the folder where you can select your video to upload.
- To upload your picture, you can click on the upper left Instagram symbol beside the word “Instagram” to obtain the below screenshot and click on the blue “+ ” sign on “your story” on the profile picture.
- The moment you click on the blue plus then dialogue would prompt like the one below for you to choose to upload your picture as you do on your mobile app. Select your picture or navigate to the folder where the pictures you want to upload are located, click on the picture once and click on “open” and click on the “Add to your story” at the base of the picture and the picture would successfully upload.
- BREAKING2 days ago
Breaking: Justice Zainab Bulkachuwa withdraws from presidential election tribunal
- Education2 days ago
WAEC Agricultural Science 2019 Questions answers & ‘expo’?
- Headlines1 day ago
Nigerian Newspapers: Top Today Headlines On Thursday 23rd, May 2019
- Headlines1 day ago
Nigeria breaking news today headlines Thursday, 05/23/2019
- Headlines1 day ago
Again, Buhari Blames Former President Over ‘Broken Economy’
- BREAKING1 day ago
GTB Vs Innoson: Courts Grants Innoson Chairman To Take Over Bank Over Debt
- Politics1 day ago
President Buhari full speech with ministers after asking them to handover
- Headlines21 hours ago
PDP Makes Justice Zainab Bulkachuwa Stepdown From Presidential Election Petition Tribual