A couple of weeks ago, Nigeria News featured an article on how to withdraw cash from the ATM without using a credit card. The comprehensive piece was restricted to GT Bank though. You can read the article here.
Today, it is the turn of United Bank for Africa, UBA. Yes, UBA customers too can also carry out cardless cash withdrawal. Like the GTB cardless withdrawal, you would have to generate a Paycode to do this.
What is Paycode?
Paycode is a number consisting of between 10 and 14 digits. It is a secure simple payment platform created by Verve.
With the code, you can withdraw money from any ATM as long as your bank is on the platform. Almost all banks have registered and the few not yet integrated would soon be part of it.
However, even if your bank is yet to be part of the system, you can still use it as long as you download the Paycode app. This would be discussed in great detail some other time.
UBA cardless cash withdrawal
The advantages of cardless cash withdrawal are obvious.
- For instance, for one reason or the other, your ATM card might not be close by and you need cash fast.
You want to send somebody to withdraw money but you don’t trust them with your ATM card. Paycode cardless cash withdrawal ensures you don’t have to divulge your card PIN to anybody.
All you need to complete this process is the mobile number linked to your UBA account. The number must be active and inserted in a phone. You are now good to go.
- On your mobile phone dial 919# (to skip several of the steps below, use *91930*amount#)
Look for the ‘Cardless Withdrawal’ option in the menu that appears. You might have to press ‘Next’ if you don’t see the option on the first screen.
Press the option when you see it.
Simply follow the instructions. You might be asked to create a PIN for your mobile banking transactions if you don’t have one already.
If you follow the instructions well enough, the Paycode number and a cash-out pin would be sent as a text message to your mobile phone.
Make sure you keep these numbers safe as you would need them to get your cash at the ATM.
Withdrawing cash at the ATM
Simply follow these steps to get your money from the nearest UBA ATM or any ATM that is Paycode-compliant.
Press any button on the ATM terminal
On the screen, select the ‘Paycode Cashout’ option
Enter the amount and press ‘Ok’. Make sure it is the amount you used when generating the Paycode on your phone.
Your cash would be dispensed to you after verification by the system.
Other things to note about UBA cardless cash withdrawal
You can withdraw up to a maximum of 20,000 only
The Paycode has a validity of 24 hours. After that time, you must generate a new code to withdraw cash if the previous one was unused.
- Earn As High As #3000 from Referral By Reading Latest Nigeria News When You Invite Someon, Registration Starts At #1600
Apart from withdrawing cash, the Paycode can be used to pay for goods and services via POS.
JAMB: How to Check UTME Result With Your Registered Phone Number
UTME 2019: Check JAMB Results Using JAMB Registration Number – This is a detailed guide on how to check your JAMB UTME results; Jamb result which is also referred to as notification of result –
With this guide, you will be able to print your result as soon as JAMB releases the results of your CBT exams. The result will contain:
Name of the candidates
* JAMB registration number
* Candidate’s Date of Birth
* State of Origin
* Exams Number and
* The name of the centre where you sat for the exams
* List of the subjects written and score in each
NOTE: Your JAMB notification of result will not contain your
* State of Origin
* Schools and courses chosen
How to Check JAMB Results Online
Firstly, you will need any of the following to be able to check your score.
JAMB Registration number
Candidate’s email (used for the JAMB registration)
Candidate’s phone Number (used for the registration)
Follow the steps below to check and print your result
Visit JAMB homepage and click on Check UTME Results
- Or visit the result checking link straight here
Enter any of your JAMB registration number, phone number or email.
Click on check result.
A pop window will open and display the result.
Preview the result and print
Why You Need To Immediately Print JAMB Result
In the past, we have had various remark with regards to JAMB changing the marks of some students after they’d already checked their results. Candidates, who have once checked the results on phones but never printed, later complained of reduction/increase in their scores after rechecking when they were ready to print out.
Most of these cases were confirmed to be true even though JAMB may deny it.
This is why you must check your result as soon as possible. Then, print it and keep your printout for record purpose.
Print Original JAMB Results Online
There’s a big difference between JAMB result (the one discussed above) and the one called ORIGINAL JAMB RESULT.
Original JAMB result will display more information than notification of result. It will further show:
* Schools of choice and courses chosen
While candidates usually print the JAMB result for about N200 in the local cafes, printing Original result will cost around N1,700. This price change is because original result involves paying to JAMB N1,000 (excluding online/Remita charges). And note that it has to be printed in colour which will increase a café’s service charge.
See how Original JAMB result look and how to print it here
Printing Original JAMB result doesn’t have to be immediately. You will mostly need it when your post UTME registration and school’s admission exercise begins or after being offered admission.
How To Upload Pictures/Videos To Instagram Via Your Laptop
It is customary to upload Pictures and Videos to Instagram through smartphone but what about uploading via your Laptop. Below are some tricks you need to know in order to do that on your Laptop or Desktop, brought to you by NIGERIA NEWS:
- Open Chrome preferably and browser to Instagram Page and Sign in to your account.
- Right clicks on any space on your page and click on “Inspect” at the base of the menu that show up due to the right click. ( The page would split into two with the web content on the left side and the code content for the web page on the right-hand side ).
- Look at the top pane of the code content, you would see a tablet like symbol beside ” Element ” to the left, click on the symbol ( The left-hand side of the page where there is web content would change and there would appear a pane at the top with the word “responsive” }
- Click on the “responsive” and a drop-down menu with a different set of phone type would appear, like Galaxy S5, Pixel 2, Pixel 2 XL, iPhone 5/SE, iPhone 6/7/8, iPhone 6/7/8 Plus, iPhone X, iPad, iPad Pro, Edit.
Note clicking on the “Edit” could make you edit and input your device or any device that suit the one you possess.
- Pick any of the devices from the drop-down menu having clicked on the “responsive” but preferably the latest phone like Galaxy S5 and iPhone or anyone you felt like it’s closest to your phone.
- On the screenshot above you would see the pane showing the percentage view of the page like in this screenshot above its 100 per cent. Click and change it to “Fit to window”
- After you’ve done all the above procedure, you would then have a mobile view of Instagram like the one you possess on your Instagram Mobile App as shown below,
- Then Click on the second symbol beside the one currently with blue highlight and then you would have a phase in which you can click to upload the video.
- Click on the Upload above and there would appear a ” + ” sign as shown below in which you could click to upload your Videos. The moment you click on the plus sign it would show a dialogue box to browse the folder where you can select your video to upload.
- To upload your picture, you can click on the upper left Instagram symbol beside the word “Instagram” to obtain the below screenshot and click on the blue “+ ” sign on “your story” on the profile picture.
- The moment you click on the blue plus then dialogue would prompt like the one below for you to choose to upload your picture as you do on your mobile app. Select your picture or navigate to the folder where the pictures you want to upload are located, click on the picture once and click on “open” and click on the “Add to your story” at the base of the picture and the picture would successfully upload.
- BREAKING2 days ago
Breaking: Justice Zainab Bulkachuwa withdraws from presidential election tribunal
- Education2 days ago
WAEC Agricultural Science 2019 Questions answers & ‘expo’?
- Headlines1 day ago
Nigerian Newspapers: Top Today Headlines On Thursday 23rd, May 2019
- Headlines1 day ago
Nigeria breaking news today headlines Thursday, 05/23/2019
- Headlines1 day ago
Again, Buhari Blames Former President Over ‘Broken Economy’
- BREAKING1 day ago
GTB Vs Innoson: Courts Grants Innoson Chairman To Take Over Bank Over Debt
- Politics1 day ago
President Buhari full speech with ministers after asking them to handover
- Headlines21 hours ago
PDP Makes Justice Zainab Bulkachuwa Stepdown From Presidential Election Petition Tribual