Ways To Recover Quickly From Depression
It is no longer news that depression is different from grief and is one of the most common sicknesses in the world now. It is serious because it seems quite unexplainable as it happens in the brain. But in this post, you will read ways by which you can recover quickly from depression.
The truth is that most people suffering from depression will tell you, it’s an imaginary thing or “it is all in your head.” Depression is more than just feeling “down.” It is a serious illness caused by changes in brain chemistry.
Depression isn’t a weakness and you can’t simply “snap out” of it. It may sometimes, require long-term treatment. But don’t get discouraged. Most people with depression feel better with medication, psychotherapy or both.
Tips To Recover Quickly From Depression
- Diversify Your Interests: One realistic way to recover quickly from depression is by diversifying your interests. Find something new. Explore newer hobbies. Engage in things that will keep you busy and keep your mind away from depressive thoughts. If you had in mind to learn something new before, now is the time to engage in it. Keep your hands, heart and mind busy with creative endeavours.
- Align With Nature: There is no doubt about the stimulative and consoling power of nature. Take some timeout. Go for that vacation your soul yearns for. Visit a nature park and immerse yourself in the beautiful work of nature. Trust me, the effect is a brand new individual.
Read Here: 5 Habits Of Happiness
- Develop a Support System: To also recover quickly from depression, it is advisable that you have a support system; someone you can lean on or someone you can share thoughts with. Your support system could be your family, a friend, or even a depression-support group. This will go along way in helping you recover quickly and healthily.
- Engage In Positive Thoughts: It’s no longer news that our thoughts influence the brain. When we keep circling around negative thoughts, the brain’s stress circuitry steps up. So, in order to recover quickly, you should endeavour to engage yourself in positive thoughts and positive people. Also, think about what you used to enjoy and force yourself to do it. It will be worth it.
- Live Healthily: No matter how quick you want to recover, a healthy lifestyle will easily enable the recovery process. Eat good food at the right time, avoid alcohol, sleep at the stipulated time and exercise regularly.
In conclusion, its okay to not be okay. Knowing you are not okay is the first step towards recovery as it will enable you to seek the needed help. Denial will only worsen it.
Samuel Okwaraji, how he came, saw and Conquered
Posthumously, today is the 55th birthday of legendary Nigeria footballer, Samuel Sochukwuma Okwaraji. The football legend was born 19th of May 1964.
What comes to the mind of many Nigerians who knew or those that have heard about Okwaraji is that of a player who slumped and eventually died on the field of play, during a football match.
Okwaraji dawned the shirt of several European football clubs; AS Roma (1984-1985), NK Dinamo Zagreb (1985-1986), Austria Klagenfurt (1986-1987), VfB Stuttgart (1987-1989) and SSV Ulm 1846 (loan) (1987-1988)
His International career stared during the 1988 African Nation’s Cup, where he went on to score the fastest goal in the history of the African Nation’s competition. He featured in the final of the competition, though was not able to help the Green Eagles claim the trophy.
The Orlu born star slumped 77 minutes on of the 1990 World Cup qualifier encounter with Angola in Lagos. Autopsy revealed that the 25-year-old had an enlarged heart and high blood pressure.
United States Tech Giant, Google, marked Okwaraji’s posthumous birthday with a Google Doodle.
What a great way to celebrate the Legendary footballer.
See Video of how he slumped
Naija News today headlines top stories on Monday 13, may 2019
Here Are The Major Nigerian Newspaper Headlines Today Monday, 13th May 2019
1. Buhari’s is Concerned about the Poor
Vice President Yemi Osinbajo says President Muhammadu Buhari is interested in the well-being of the masses and interested in how to make his life better for them. According to Nigeria News the Vice President said thison Saturday, May 11, during his one-day working visit to Bauchi state, where some new projects were commissioned.
2. APC Chieftain says Tinubu Will Succeed Buhari, Nobody Can Stop It.
Oludare Falade, A chieftain of the All Progressives Congress (APC) has declared that former governor of Lagos State, Amhed Bola Tinubu, will take over from President Muhammadu Buhari in 2023, noting that “nobody can stop” the APC from achieving this aim.
Nigeria News understands that Falade said Tinubu would receive people’s support across the country.
3. Oshiomhole Kicked Me Out With DSS – Okorocha
Imo State Governor, Rochas Okorocha has revealed that the National Chairman of the All Progressives Congress (APC) Adams Oshiomhole, sent him DSS detail to insult him. Speaking in an interview with Vanguard, Okorocha said he had gone to interact with his party Chairman about issues relating to happenings in the party when he (Oshiomhole) sent his DSS personnel to push him out of his office.
4. Heavily Armed Security Agents ‘Deployed’ To Emir Sanusi’s Palace
Following events that has been happening in Kano State in the last couple of days, Nigeria News understands that heavily armed officers of the Nigeria Police Force (NPF), have been deployed to the palace of the Emir of Kano, Muhammadu Sanusi II, and the residents of some senior council members of the Kano Emirate in Kano state, northern Nigeria. A report monitored on Daily Trust by Nigeria News, diaclosed that about 10 police Hilux Vans with security personnel were stationed at the emir’s palace at Kofar Kudu on Saturday, May 11, while another 10 patrol vehicles were deployed to the personal residence of the chief of staff to the Emir of Kano along Iyaka road.
5. National Assembly Sends 2019 Budget To Buhari
The National Assembly has forwarded the 2019 Appropriation Bill to President Muhammadu Buhari for assent.
Naija News understands that both the Senate and the House of Representatives passed the national budget on April 30, 2019.
6. IPOB Vows To Lockdown S/East During Sit-At-Home Day
The Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) has maintained that this year sit-at-home order to honour the blood of slain Biafrans will hold. Emma Powerful, media and publicity secretary for IPOB, in a statement to reporters revealed that the group is committed to this course despite attempts by some persons and groups to compromise the directive, there will be total lockdown of Biafra land on May 30.
7. Saraki Furious After EFCC Seizes His Ikoyi Properties
Nigeria News understands that Senate President Bukola Saraki has kicked against the action of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) over the seizure of some of his houses located in the Ikoyi area of Lagos State. This is coming after the EFCC launched a probe against the Senate president over allegations of money laundering.
8. Confusion In APC Over President Buhari’s New Cabinet
There is disquiet in the All Progressives Congress (APC) over the list of nominees for ministerial posts by President Muhammadu Buhari. Party chieftains are reportedly finding it difficult to understand the President’s body language on the matter.
9. Armed Personnel Deployed To Borno Worship Centers
It is reported that about 500 armed personnel of the Nigerian Security and Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC) has been deployed to various worship centres in Maiduguri, capital of Borno state. Nigeria News understands that the action is to strengthen and reinforce the security and safety of lives and properties throughout the Ramadan period.
10. Manchester City Retains the English Premier League Trophy
English Premier League (EPL) champions Manchester City on Sunday retained their title after thrashing Brighton 4-1 at the Amex stadium. Despite Liverpool (Manchester City’s title rival) also winning their match, City now becomes the first team to retain the title back-to-back since Manchester United a decade ago.
- Headlines1 day ago
Nigeria breaking news today headlines Wednesday, 05/22/2019
- BREAKING20 hours ago
Breaking: Justice Zainab Bulkachuwa withdraws from presidential election tribunal
- Headlines1 day ago
Nigerian Newspapers: Top Today Headlines On Wednesday 22nd, May 2019
- Metro2 days ago
EFCC again arrest 8 yahoo yahoo boys in Lagos with their ‘tools’
- Education23 hours ago
WAEC Agricultural Science 2019 Questions answers & ‘expo’?
- BREAKING2 days ago
Full Names Of All Politicians Whose Certificate Of Returns Were Withdrawn By INEC
- BREAKING2 days ago
IPOB Give Full Backing To Olusegun Obasanjo Over Allegation Of Fulanisation And Islamization Of Nigeria By Buhari
- Headlines17 hours ago
Again, Buhari Blames Former President Over ‘Broken Economy’